Chapter 119

Leilani

These past few days have been long and busy. The twins learned to say mama and won't stop and Lonte begged Ariel to be in charge of her finances which is a lot. Her and Mila's businesses have been going crazy.

Aaliyah currently has the boys and Leah while I help Lonte balance Ariel's books and go over her payroll.

"Bruh, I'm tired" A.J says walking in the kitchen.

"All she had you doing was cashiering" Charisma says following behind him. "Hey" she adds smiling at me. I like this girl. We've actually talked and I've gotten to know her pretty well. I need to thank Mia cause I was gone have to choke Ciara ass out.

"Hey" I say smiling back. A.J stands in front of me and pouts. "What?" I ask.

"Can you pleaseeeeee make me some Alfredo mom, I'm begging" He says.

I kiss his forehead. "Sorry, but I gotta wash clothes and take my car to the car wash" I say. I was supposed to do this shit two days ago.

He perks up. "I'll do it" He says.

"You just said you were tired" I say looking at him sideways.

He sighs. "Ma, chicken Alfredo will make me soooo happy, I'll wash clothes, wash ya car by hand, and clean the kitchen after" He says and Charisma starts laughing.

"You're really that hungry?" She asks.

He smacks his lips. "Man Ariel's store was packed all 8 hours I was there" He says. "I got an hour lunch but still" He adds.

"How much is she paying you?" I ask.

"All the other employees make $17, I make $20 cause she also made me a manager" He says. "It's nice, it's just busy" He adds.

"And you're working why?" I ask. I'm all for my kids working but the way Ariel and A.J have managed their money over the years plus the different outlets they took to make extra money, they don't need regular jobs.

He shrugs. "I'm on break from school plus I'm bored, and I only work 3 days a week, but once I go back Charity said he'll take over" He says. "Everyone else are employees she's hired".

My front door opens again and this time Quan walks in. "Sup sis" He says.

"Ma my Alfredo?" A.J says. I nod and he smiles. Him and Charisma walk out and I look back at Quan.

"Hey lil boy" I say hugging him. "Wassup?" I ask.

He shrugs as we sit at the island. "You think Ariel or Mila will let me work with them?" He asks and I just look at him. "What? They've been trending for a week straight" He says. "Like a nigga version of Rihanna"

I shake my head. "They might, but you know Ariel's only gonna be there for a while and then she's gonna make Charity and I think she mentioned some bout Khyree taking over cause she still wanna be a hood nigga" I say.

"They grow up so fast" He says fake crying.

"You worse than me" I say making us both laugh. "But get up and help me make this boy chicken Alfredo" I add hopping off the bar stool.

"Aight" He says rubbing his hands together.

Ariel

I'm fucking tired. I've been sitting back here in my office for 3 hours straight going through inventory, checking prices, restocking, and keeping track of who's on lunch and shit.

I'd rather be out killing mafuckas and my phone been blowing up. I move out my chair and sit on the couch I have facing my desk. I slouch and frown as my door opens. "I'm busy" I say hoping they'd go away.