Chapter 28

€A.J.€

Spring Break was fun, we stayed a few days longer since ma wanted to go to a few more places.

It's now May, and in two and half weeks we'll be out of school. It feels like we just started 9th grade tho.

"A.J., get up, it's 7:00" Ariel said beating on my door.

"Okay" I said. I got up, and got dressed. I wasn't in a dressy mood, so I put on some Black and Red joggers, a White tee, and my Bred 11's.

I brushed my hair, and my teeth, before putting on my Gold Chain. I made sure I smelled good and everything, and inspected my braces one last time before heading downstairs.

"Morning A.J." Leah said running to me.

"Morning Leah" I said picking her up. I walked into the kitchen where ma was cleaning up.

"Your plate's in the microwave, and your juice is in the fridge" Ma said before spraying and wiping the counters down.

"Okay, thanks" I said putting Leah down, and going to the microwave.

Once I finished eating, I brushed my teeth swiftly, before sticking a piece of gum in my mouth. I grabbed my backpack, and walked out the door with everyone else.

"Have a good day" Ma said.

"Okay, you too" we all said as we got out. Leah waved and we waved back.

We walked inside and Amina walked up to me.

"Hey A.J." she said.

"Hey" I said dryly.

"Remember when you said you liked me?" She asked. Ariel mugged her. 

"I do, last semester, I'm over you now, excuse me" I said politely. Ariel and I moved past her, and headed to homeroom.

"Twins" Nelle said walking over to us. "What's happening?" She asked.

"Nothing, just chilling" I said as she sat beside us.

"Cool, but here" She said before handing us gift bags. "For being awesome friends, and one of the few I can trust, where's Mila?"

"Right here" Mila said walking in.

"Look who decides to pop back up into our lives" Ariel said dramatically. 

"Sorry, I started baby sitting my nephews, and got a lil too caught up with Sabrina" she said.

"Mhm" Ariel said. Nelle handed Mila her bag, and they all started talking, and I put my head down, my allergies are bout to start fucking up.

€Leilani€

"Auntie Lani, I need you to come over quick" Asia said once I picked up my phone.

I grabbed my keys, and turned around. I was about to enter my house when she called.

I got back in the car, and headed over to Auntie Kasey's house. I pulled up, and Asia opened the door. She was crying, and pointed upstairs.

"Come on" She said. We ended up at Auntie Kasey's door. She opened it, pointing at her mom who was on the floor.

"What happened?" I asked rushing to her side.

"I was cleaning up my room, and I heard a crash, I went to the noise, and she was laying on floor, I called an ambulance" She said. I helped Auntie Kasey onto the bed, and she sat herself against her pillows, and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded slowly, but Asia cut it off.

"No she isn't" Asia said wiping her face.