Chapter 3

£Alonte£

Me, A.J., and Tay were at the rec center shooting ball.

"Daddy" A.J. Yelled from the door.

"Yeah?"

"What color Powerade do you want?" He asked.

"Red" I said and shot a free throw shot.

"Tay?"

"Blue" AJ nodded and walked to the vending machine. He soon came back, with my phone.

"Ma's calling" He said. I answered it, and the boys started playing one on one.

"Hello?" I asked walking into the lobby.

"Hey Lonte, it's Harlem, I need you to come to our location right now" Harlem said calmly.

"Is it important, cause you sound calm as shit"

"Yeah it's important, and my mama tells me to stay calm a lot" She said. "But hurry, Leilani is kinda going crazy" She said.

I got the boys, and we headed to where Harlem and Lani were. We got out, and rushed in.

"Where is she?" I asked walking to Harlem.

"Restroom" I nodded.

"AJ, Tay, y'all order a smoothie or something, I'll be back" I said. I walked to the back and saw a line. "Excuse me" I said walking in front of them all.

"Young man, you should not be going into the woma-" I cut her off.

"My wife is in there, and in trouble, mind your business" I said walking in the restroom. My jaw dropped.

The mirror was broken, and a few tiles were broken. I looked down and saw Leilani on the floor crying and blood on her shirt. I sat next to her, and pulled her on my lap.

"Why are you crying?" I asked looking at her hand. She flinched and I put it on her lap. "Well?"

"C-cause" She stopped and calmed herself down. "Cause his ass put me through hell when he 'died'" She said snuggling closer to me.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused as shit.

"Alonte, that box I got, the person who wanted to meet with me.....it was Ja'von, my supposedly dead brother" She said. Damn.

"Well shit, what did he say?" I asked. I got up and stood her on her own.

"He was sorry, he started explaining, but I cut him off by coming in here" She said.

"Damn it Lani, how hard did you punch the wall?" I asked.

"Ion know"

"Come on, we gotta get you to a hospital" I said. I pulled my Black Bandana from my back pocket, and tied it around her hand.
"Ouch Lonte, that shit hurts" She yelled.

"Too bad" I said. I opened the door, and we walked out.

We got home, and Lani went straight to our room. Doctor says I should get her into boxing or something where she could let anger out. I'm kinda skeptical tho cause she already hit like a damn dude.

£Xavier£

I was currently in my room searching for my 9. L said he needed Quan and I to help with him with something and to meet up at his house. Once I found the right box, I put it in my waistband and headed out.

I got past the gate, and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Tay asked.
"It's Zay, open the door lil nigga" I said laughing. He opened it, and I walked in.