Chapter 89

Aaliyah

"Come on Leah" I yell sliding on my shoes. I grab my purse, phone, and keys and cut off the lights in my room.

"I'm coming grandma" She says walking out of her room. Today's Ariel's hearing and I wanna get there in time.

I lock the house up before getting in the car with Leah and pulling off. "What do you want to eat?" I ask.

"Chick-Fil-A" She says. "I want a biscuit and a lemonade"

"Okay" I say.

We get her food and I get the rest of the kids some food then head to the courthouse. I park, grab everything and Leah's hand.

We enter the hall in front of the court room and I hand the kids their food and the babies food to Lani. "I'm nervous" Lani says.

"I'm sleepy" Dre says. Everyone's here except Macy, Trey, and Jasmine.

"What time is it?" Quan asks.

"You're looking at your phone" Lonte says causing everyone to laugh.

"Okay bitch, I'm playing a game so the time isn't popping up" Quan says.

"It's 10:23" Leah says. I look at her and wipe her mouth off. "Grandma" She whines hitting my hands.

"Clean your mouth off child" I say handing her a napkin.

"Let's go in" Luke says holding the door open. Everyone walks in and we sit on the right side where Ariel's lawyer is. Xavier and Ke'Asia are on the Left side.

"Sorry, there was a issue with the metal detectors" Mia says sliding in. She sits beside me to my left and I hand her a bag of food. "Thanks" She says hugging me.

They bring Ariel out and the kids starts calling her name. The judge comes out and everyone stands.

After talking and showing evidence the courtroom got quiet. I hear Mia whisper something but I ignore it.

The judge shifts through the papers on his podium and pushes his glasses up. "Jury, how do you find the defendant?" He asks.

An older white man stands and glares at Ariel. "We find the defendant guilty your honor" He says smiling.

"Why the fuck You smiling?" Ariel asks. Her lawyer taps her but she moves. "Don't touch me, yo dumbass ain't do yo job either" She says.

"Ariel, hush" Lani says. Ariel rolls her eyes and stops talking.

The judge bangs his gavel and everyone looks at him. "I'm sentencing the defendant to 1 year in prison" He says. "Court is adjourned" He adds before banging his gavel and walking out.

Mila

"5 minutes Warren" one of the guards say to Ariel.

"Ma, stop crying" She says to mama who's in full blown tears. Pops hugs her and I hug Ariel.

"That lawyer didn't even try bruh" She says hugging me back. "But it's cool" She adds.

Everyone says their goodbyes and we leave. What the fuck am I gonna do without my best friend?

I hop in mama's car with A.J and buckle the twins up. "You staying the night?" She asks.

"Nah, my dad's gonna come get later, but I'll gladly have dinner there" I say smiling. She laughs as pops gets in the car.

We get to the house and Jayde walks over to me. "Wassup shorty?" I ask picking her up. She laughs and I start to tickle her. She starts laughing then coughing. "My bad" I say rubbing her back.