Chapter 68

A'Lonte

"So y'all really ain't cool?" Quan asks as we talk on FaceTime. I sit my phone on the counter and grab everything I need to make breakfast.

"Man no, I know Ariel ain't the best child in the world but hell nobody has a perfect child, she straight over here so ion care what he gotta say" I say. "He makes it seem like, an no respect, but he makes it seem like cause Auntie died that Asia and Chris just got it so bad, minus what Lani and I put Ariel through she done been through some shit herself and it's a lot more than those two" I rant as I cook the eggs in one pan and pancakes in the other. "All my kids, that are in school, been making nothing but A's since kindergarten and if Haven ain't fuck it up, the twins will both be getting full scholarships for college, my kids aren't better than anybody they just know Lani and I don't play that and pushed themselves so they earned that shit, fuck what dude gotta say" I finish off while starting on the bacon.

"You right, you know ion take sides but I'm taking yours cause he ain't have no reason to come at you like that" Quan says. "Everybody 'round here knows Ariel ain't to be fucked with cause she's the first one outta all the kids to fight somebody, Asia just think cause she's grown and Ariel still a kid that Ariel gone take whatever cause of y'all"

"So Ayla and Lani still cool or what?" He asks.

"Hell yeah, can't nobody break that bond they got" I say laughing.

"What she say about it?" He asks next.

"Ion know, her and Lani were on the phone for some time last night" I say checking on everything.

"Oh, and are you aware that the video of Ariel fighting shorty is viral and on worldstar?" He asks. "I'm surprised the Shaderoom and get a hold of it yet"

"Nah and I am, Ariel doesn't fuck with paparazzi unless it's a story or celebrity she loves" I say.

"Hm, well I saw a post about her and that new girl she's dating" He says. His ass be knowing every damn thing.

"You know too much" I say.

"I need to nowadays, shit getting crazy, but how you feel about the girl?" He asks walking outside. He's been on his couch this whole time.

"She's aight" I say. "Lani adores the shit outta her"

"Jasmine follows her and stays bothering me about buying her shit" He says.

"Where you going?" I ask as he gets in his Escalade.

"Over there, although I'm gonna let somebody else try ya food before I do so I can know if it's safe or not" He says.

"Bye dude" I say hanging up. I press the end button and grab plates to put the food on.

"Morning dad" Ariel says. I get the plates ready and look at her.

"So you just said fuck the crutches huh?" I ask.

"Somewhat, I gotta use em at school, mama said so other than that and work I don't have to" She answers. "I really don't wanna go to school today cause everybody gone be on my case about that video and they already be trying to be friendly to get clout off my name"

"You just don't like people" I say making her laugh.

"I don't and I think Tamia is gonna want me to be in her YouTube videos and ion know bout all of that, but did I ruin you and Uncle Zay's friendship?" She asks.

"No, he did, but we ain't gone talk about that, go get your brother and sister and them so y'all can eat" I say. She nods then starts typing at her phone. No sooner everyone barges into the kitchen.