Chapter 75

A'Lonte

I know I'm tripping. I look at Lani and sit in front of her on the opposite couch. "What was that?" I ask.

"Depends on what you heard" She says.

"Ariel killed Kameryn?" I ask more than state.

"Yeah, Epidural Hematoma that they didn't catch in time" She says. "I'm not telling Ariel till tonight, today's about Tay and Geo" She adds.

"Is this a gender reveal or a baby shower cause I'm confused" I state. She shrugs.

"They been telling people different things, so I just had everyone put the gifts in neutral bags, everyone's knows except Tay and Geo" She says.

"Fuck" I mumble. "I wasn't expecting anything like this"

"Me either, this is gonna one of two ways with Ariel" Lani says getting up. "But we ain't gone worry bout that for now, let's try and have a good time"

"I'm with you on that" I say getting up. I follow her out the room and watch as my mom brings snacks out.

~
"Y'all ready?" I ask as everyone gathers in the backyard. Mama got a basketball court put back here for A.J and Ariel and thanks to those two we decided what to do for this gender reveal.

Tay holds his hands out and I hand him the basketball. I was able to get it made so once he shoots it and it hits the concrete it'll bursts into Red or Purple. Pink is basic and the only thing Blue I'm cool with is my cars and the strips on my Hundreds.

"Aight, you wanna 3 point it or dunk it?" Luke asks standing by the goal.

"Dunk it Tay" A.J says. "It'll be fye"

"It's not that deep and I'm hot bruh" Ariel says. "Go ahead"

Tay mugs her then looks at the goal. I watch as he steps back a few, stare at the goal, then run up and dunk it. Purple smoke floods under the net and Tay just stands there.

Ariel tosses a tennis ball causing him to look at us, then he passes out.

Tay'Shawn

"Aye nigga, wake up" I hear A.J say. I scrunch my face up then feel water being thrown on me. I sit up and wipe my face. "There we go"

"Why'd you fall out?" Geo asks rubbing  my face.

"Cause he found out he was having a girl" Leah says hopping my lap.

"Yeah, cause ain't nothing but boys in this family, minus Ariel and Leah" I say.

"Ooh I'm gonna buy her barbies" Leah says. "Well Bratz dolls"

"Well congrats bro" A.J says patting my back.

"Thanks" I say getting up. "So what's with all the gifts and shit?" I ask.

"Cause y'all telling half of us it's a baby shower and the other it's a gender reveal" Ariel says. "All these gifts going back till some months from now when we have a baby shower, Geo only 5 months"

"Aight bossy" I say laughing. "I'm hungry so I'm going to get food" I add heading into the kitchen.

~
The rest of the time being, everyone just talked amongst themselves, we played a few games including basketball, and grandma made a lot of sweets.

Ma called a meeting at the house and I'm lowkey scared. We rarely have them and when we do it's cause of something somebody did.

I pull into the driveway and around to the garage. I use my handprint and pull in slowly as the garage opens.