Chapter 99 - (Part 2)

A'Lonte

"Here nigga" Quan says walking in and handing me a Gucci bag. "Don't open it till later though, where's Lani?" He asks.

"Upstairs" I answer. "Why?" I ask. Just then Yas walks in and I just look at her.

"Cause Yas here has something she wants to say" He says glaring at her.

I call Lani down and look at Yas. "Just to be clear, I don't like you" I say. I sit on the counter just as Lani walks in.

"What? I was watching Insecure" She says. "Hey" She adds waving at Quan.

"Hey" Quan says. "Yas" He says looking at her. Lani looks at me and I shrug.

Yas looks at Lani with a mug. "I don't like you" She says.

"Okay?" Lani says. "You got a reason or you just in your feelings"

"Cause you act stuck up" Yas says. Lani laughs and I look at Quan.

"Bitch I'm nowhere near stuck up and you could have been said you ain't like me, the only reason you acting bold is cause Quan here, all this shit I got, I earned and worked for" Lani says shrugging. "Moral of the story, I'm not pressed about no bitch who only gets shit when her nigga buy it"

"So he doesn't buy you anything?" Yas asks. I throw my head back and sigh.

"Oh yeah, he does, I'm spoiled, but so is he, by me" She says. "But I also buy my own shit cause I have money to, I also have a job, technically I own the place but do lil things on the side, but what I'm not about to do is argue with you, if you didn't like me you could have been said it instead of acting funny, so from this point on don't say anything to me and I won't say anything to you"

"Ma, Mia says do one of y'all have some extra bullets so she can practice" Ariel says rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, I'll get them in a second, the boys okay?" She asks.

"Yeah, they're walking around the living room with their toys, why's she looking at you like that?" Ariel asks glaring at Yas.

"Stay outta grown folks business" Yas says.

"I wasn't in anybody's business, I was asking my mama a question" Ariel says before looking at me. "I'm going back in the living room before I say something I shouldn't" She adds walking out.

I look at Quan and he nods to the door. I hop off the counter and we walk to the front room. "This shit is not gonna end well" He says and I nod.

"Lani gone be on edge for a minute" I say.

He looks around and sighs. "I'm gonna have to break up with her" he says.

"What you mean, why?" I ask.

"Nigga don't you see what's going on" He asks. I shrug.

"Fuck that, if that's who you feeling then fuck who don't like it, her and Lani ain't cool so we just keep em from around each other, but that's still your girl" I say.

"It's not even that, she's judgmental as fuck, the girl doesn't even have a job" He says.

"Well that's between you two, but don't let this situation dictate how you feel about her" I say. "Does She even have a real reason as to why she doesn't like Lani?" I ask.

"Says she's stuck up and bougie acting, I tried explaining to her how she was wrong but she wasn't listening" He says.

Leilani

I look at Yas and she glares at me. Hating ass bitch.

"Let me just say this, I'm not stuck up nor do I think I'm better than anybody" I say. "I worked for everything got, I take care of my kids and my husband, and work my ass doing so, all this shit wasn't just given to me, so of course I'm gonna show it off here and there, but I don't brag, I'm not constantly talking about what I got or what I'm gonna get" I continue. "It's hard out here so you gotta do what you can to succeed, if that means stripping or selling drugs then that's what you gotta do, as long as you making sure your family's straight"