Chapter 104

A.J

"Ma" I yell walking in the house. I close the door then lock it.

"I'm in the kitchen" She yells back.

"Cause her ass stay eating" Dad says jogging down the stairs.

"Shut the fuck up" Ma says as dad and I both walk in. "What's up boo?" She asks while pouring her seasoning on her noodles.

"Do y'all like Ciara?" I ask straight up.

"Is She with you?" Dad asks. I shake my head as I sit on the stool beside ma.

"No, I just came from her house, she told me before that she doesn't think y'all like her cause of how she reacted about the whole killing thing" I say.

"Let me put it like this" Ma says. "I don't dislike her, she's smart, pretty, doesn't take shit from you, and is responsible" She adds.

"But?" I ask.

"But, she's too iffy for me, like when she asked that question I could see it in her face that she wasn't comfortable with it, now at the same time it didn't bother me for real cause that shit ain't gonna happen on a regular with y'all, but at the same time I feel like at any given moment she could fold under pressure and that's one thing we don't need around here" She explains.

"Let Mia take her under her wing or some shit" Dad says.

"Why?" I ask confused.

"Cause she'll know how to lie and what to say if she ever get caught up in something, not saying that she will but just in case" Dad says.

"You talking bout the stuff with Xavier and them?" I ask.

"Yeah so to speak" He says.

"But don't you think Mia is a lil on the violent side?" I ask.

"Nope, she's perfect" Ma says. "Okay look, just let her know she can't be scared around her, and if she's worried about something to just ask me" She adds.

"I will" I say. "So she's cool?" I ask.

"Yeah boy, just let her know what I said and we good" She says. "Now I'm gonna go enjoy my noodles and watch love and hip hop" She adds getting up.

"And I'm gonna go bother her" Dad says. "You need anything?" He asks.

"Yeah, you gotta cosign the lease cause I'm not 18" I say.

"I got you, give me an hour, you talked to Ariel?" He asks.

"No, Mia texted me though saying she was sleep cause she wasn't feeling good" I answer.

"Aight, tell her to call me when she's up to it" He says walking out.

I jog behind him and go to my room. I flop on my bed and call Messiah. "Wassup nigga?" He asks as he answers.

"Nothing, I'm gonna find furniture and stuff for my apartment cause the landlord said I could move in about 2 weeks" I say logging onto my laptop.

"If you need help moving, I'll help" He says.

"Yeah I'll let you know, what you doing though?" I ask going to Ashley's furniture website.

"Shit, playing Fortnite" He says. "This shit boring, I'm bout to go to the store and get some chips" He adds.

"Head this way, I'm gonna call my sister and the rest of em to come over" I say.

"Aight" He says.

I call Ariel's phone but she doesn't answer so I call Mia's phone. "Hello?" She answers.

"Where's my sister?" I ask.