Chapter 27

€Christian€

Lynn and I recently found out that we're having a boy. So we decided to go shopping since it's Saturday. These past two months were nothing really. I've been on my A-Game school and work wise. The principal says if I keep up my work the way I have been I could be valedictorian.

"Chris" Lynn said pulling me into Footlocker. "Can we get these?" She asked grabbing two onesie outfits.

"Yeah, get whatever you want for him" I said.

"This is gonna be fun" She said. "He's gonna be so cute and adorable"

"Like his daddy" I said smiling hard.

"You're funny" She said walking around and picking out more outfits. I sucked my teeth and followed behind her.

"Hater" I said.

"Never that Chris" She said. I shook my head, and flicked her. "Ouch"

"Sorry" I said. She glared at me and walked off. I laughed then stopped. I forgot she was all hormonal and shit. Damn it.

€Ariel€

"Ma, Nelle" I said holding my lip. These damn braces keep cutting me. When I went to the dentist a while back, they said my teeth were spaced too far, so it was recommended I got braces.

"What's wrong?" Ma asked.

"My lip got cut again" I said groaning.

"Did you put that gel stuff on em?" She asked.

"No" I said rolling my eyes. "It's nasty"

"Well unless you want your mouth all scratched up, I suggest you do that" She said.

"Okay" I said sighing. "Do I have to wear a retainer like you tho when I get these out?" I asked.

"Maybe, maybe not, if you do you'll probably only have to wear it at night" She said.

"Oh" I said. Ma got her braces off a month ago, and she doesn't really look any different.

"Yeah, but I plan on taking y'all somewhere for Spring Break, any suggestions?" She asked.

"The beach" I said. "In Sandestin"

"Okay" She said. "I'm gonna call Ayla and Yas, y'all keep it down" She added before walking upstairs.

"Hey twin" She said smirking at me. Ever since I got these shits, she's been teasing me since I used to do her like that.

"Shut up" I said sitting beside her.

"Don't get mad, get glad" She said. "Ain't nothing funny now is it?" She asked.

"Yeah, you" I said.

"That's why you still got about 2 more weeks of struggling to go through" She said walking to the fridge.

"Bruh" I said sucking my teeth. Damn braces.

"Ariel" A.J. said walking downstairs.

"What nigga?" I asked.

"My mouth hurts" He said. "Hey Nelle"

"Wassup partna" She said drinking orange juice. I swear for her to be my age, and all, my mom treats her ass like a best friend when it comes to certain shit.

"Man, I can't wait till January" Tay said walking into the kitchen.

"Why not?" I asked.

"Cause that's when dad comes back" He said. I was happy but these braces are bothering me.