Chapter 85

(Aaliyah - A'Lonte's mom above)

A.J

"Ariel, we have school" I say pulling into Mia's apartment. She walks out and gets in my car. She trying to go by the house and get a snack cause she ate all the ones here.

"Can we go by Walmart then?" She asks sighing as I back out.

I pull onto the main road and turn to take the shortcut to Walmart. "Why you look so tired?" I ask.

"Cause Mia had me up once again" She says. "I'm gonna punch her in her shit" She adds and I bust out laughing. "Ain't shit funny" She mumbles.

I pull into Walmart and she jogs inside. I grab my phone and call Ciara.

"I'm at McDonald's" She says. "I don't know if I want a sausage biscuit or pancakes and sausage"

"Get both and whatever you don't eat, I will" I say.

"Okay, where are you?" She asks.

"Walmart, Ariel wanted snacks" I answer. "You coming home with me after school or what?" I ask.

"I gotta ask my aunt first, she's out in the car" She says. "And it's my turn to order, text me when you get to the school"

"Aight" I say. "Love you"

"Love you too ugly" She says before hanging up. Ariel finally gets back in the car and I look at her.

"What?" She asks.

"You said snacks, not drinks and ramen" I say heading to the school.

"I got snacks too, it's my money nigga" She says. "Plus majority of this is going to Mia's since I ate everything"

"Fat ass" I mumble.

"Bitch fuck You" She says laughing. We get to the school and go our separate ways. I text Ciara to let her know I'm here and enter my Science class.

"You're late" Messiah says as I sit at the table next to him.

"My sister made me late" I say rolling my eyes.

"Girls" He says all dramatic like making me snicker. Messiah is probably the only nigga around here that I can be cool with. He just got here a few weeks back from Baton Rouge.

He said he moved here cause back home was too dangerous, nigga moved from Baton Rouge to Compton....how?

"So how you liking the school?" I ask.

"It's cool, not as strict as my old school" He says.

"They don't care for real around here, but you gotta try unless you wanna fail" I say shrugging. "So are you from Baton Rouge, like born and raised or what?" I ask.

"I was born in Nashville, moved to Baton Rouge when I was 12, then moved back to Nashville when I was 14, then back Baton Rouge a year later, now I'm here" He says. "My grandma stay up here"

"Okay, cause you don't really have a certain accent" I say making him laugh.

"I get that a lot, and my grandma got a southern accent and as long as she's been here it hasn't changed" He says. "I just talk like whatever"

"Wow" I say. "We were born and raised here, me and Ariel aren't big on traveling so I don't mind" I add.

"When's your birthday?" He asks.

"April 12th" I answer.

"Y'all going all out or what?" He asks. I shrug.

"Most likely yeah, but we haven't discussed it yet" I say. He looks at me confused then snaps.