Treehouse

After our last class of the day, Lily told me that she had something to show me, but wouldn't tell me anything else until we were outside and she was sure no one was around. I was scared, yet obviously intrigued.

She led me to a bunch of trees outside behind the owlery. She stopped for a second, looked around, and once she was sure we were the only people in the area, she flicked her wand to undo a concealing charm she had placed on a tree.

It was an old crab apple tree, with a small, arch shaped doorway revealing a hollowed out inside.

"This is my treehouse," She said, smiling and pointing to the entrance. "you can come in if you want."

"Do not enter" is written on the doorway. It's carved into the wood and judging by the fading, it looks like it's been there for at least 5 years.

"It looks small, but it feels bigger on the inside, don't worry." She said.

She crawled inside the arched doorway and into the tree, and I followed right behind her. She was right, the inside was much bigger than it seemed from outside. There was space for about 4 people to sit down and even crawl around without being uncomfortable or having their heads hitting the top.

She had set up a log stool in the middle like a table, and had decorations made of flowers and leaves lining the walls. What I liked the most was another hollowed out part in the tree's walls beside her that she kept snacks in. She had clearly been working on this treehouse for a while.

"What do you think?" She asked me with a smile.

"I love it, it's amazing!" I said.

"It's where I sit, and I can talk real loud. Usually I'm all by myself." She told me.

"You don't bring anyone here?"

"Marlene's been in here a few times, but that's it. You're the third person to ever step foot in here."

I felt honoured. We've only been friends for a year, yet we trust each other so much.

"You haven't shown it to the Marauders yet?" I asked. "Why not?"

"It's my favourite place in the whole world. It's where I come when I just want everyone to go away. I want to keep it as exclusive as I can. It's like another home to me, Rose. Like a little town I can escape to whenever I want."

"Well if this is your little town, I can be like a police captain making sure no one comes in without your permission." I joked.

"I'm the captain." She assured me. "But you can be the deputy."

"Good enough for me." I told her, and we both laughed. "It's adorable in here, I wish I could stay here forever."

"Good, because I don't think I'm ever gonna let you leave."

We both laughed, and stayed in the treehouse together until it started getting dark. We talked for hours and barely noticed how long we were there for, and I think that's pretty cool. I never had a friend like Lily at my old school, and I'm so glad I have her and our other friends now. I'm finally fitting in somewhere, and I think I've found some friends for life.

a/n: So I hope you liked this chapter, I'm sorry it was super short, but it's just kind of setting up the story and introducing you to the main character

a/n: So I hope you liked this chapter, I'm sorry it was super short, but it's just kind of setting up the story and introducing you to the main character. I'll try to write some new chapters soon, and I'll be bringing in the Marauders and all of their friends soon.

Let me know if you liked this format, or if I should change it a bit. And I'm taking requests for some songs/characters you want, so don't be scared to tell me your ideas!

Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked the story!