Sweet Dreams, TN

Regulus held my hand on the way outside, then I let go once we got outside. It was freezing outside, and my dress was made of chiffon and lace, so I needed to blow air into my hands and try to warm myself up. 

Regulus saw me shivering already and handed me his coat. 

"Thanks. My dress is just really thin." I explained as I put it on. It was too big for me, but I liked it.

"It's alright. The Slytherin common room is a dungeon, I'm used to the cold." He joked. "So what happened with Sirius just now?"

"It's a long story." I said.

"I've got time."

"I don't." I laughed. "I'm leaving tomorrow morning."

"Ah, yes. That." He said, almost like he forgot everything tonight. 

I wish I could do that, just forget. Even though I've been having fun, there's barely a minute that goes by where I don't think about everything that's going on.

"I think you should stay here." Regulus said. "I don't think you should have to leave."

"I wish I could stay, I really do." I said, looking down at the ground, observing our footprints in the snow. I looked back up at him. "But the more I think about it, my aunt is right. I mean, Ash probably knows I moved, and he could know that I go to Hogwarts now. The safest place for me would be somewhere he doesn't know, like my aunt's house."

"Life is going to suck with you gone, Rose. I just sort of always feel sick without you. And nothing seems to stick." He confessed. "It's just the pits. It's like everyone's a dick without you."

"You'll manage without me here." I said. "Either everything clears up, and I come back, or they don't, and I bet you'll just forget about me in a few years."

"I doubt I'll forget about you." Regulus said. 

He walked closer to me, the snow crunching under his shoes every time he took a step. He now stood barely 2 feet away from me. 

"I really might be losing it, but I don't recognize this fool that you've made me." He said, looking into my eyes.

I knew what he was going to do. As much as I wanted to pull away before it could happen, I just couldn't. 

He leaned over, and held my face, pulling me in. He kissed me, and I kissed him back. This time, it wasn't just a spin the bottle kiss, this was real. 

I put my arm around his shoulder and placed my other hand on the back of his head. His hair was soft, I could feel it between my fingers. His lips were softer though. To feel his lips against mine, it was comforting to say the least.

I pulled away though, after I remembered everything that was stopping me before. 

"Regulus, stop it." I said softly.

"What?" 

"You're being mean, stop it."

"What? How am I being mean?" He mumbled.

"Stop. I can't do this now. I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I don't know when, or even if, I'll be coming back."

"That doesn't matter. I just want to be with you, I don't care about anything else." He said.

"It does matter." I told him. "I'm going into hiding, and I won't be able to see anyone. I won't be able to talk to anyone, and we wouldn't work out." 

I could feel my eyes welling up with tears as I continued to talk. 

"You should just go back to how you were when we met, with a new paramour, a new fling every week. And I'll leave, and everything will be okay."

I took off his coat and handed it back to him. 

"Please just trust me when I say I really do like you, but we just can't get the timing right. I'm sorry." I told him, turning around and walking back into the school. 

As I walked the halls, I wiped my tears and put on a smile, for my own sake, and for everyone around me. 

a/n: Even more drama?? Shocker, am I right? Also the amount of times I've used Little Women quotes/inspiration in this story makes me laugh

a/n: Even more drama?? Shocker, am I right? Also the amount of times I've used Little Women quotes/inspiration in this story makes me laugh. Anyways, vote, comment, and share this story if you liked it.

Also, let me know if you like the fact that I put the character names in the titles, because I'm considering taking them out. Bye :)