Hey There Delilah

It's been a few days since Sirius started staying here with me and my Aunt Hazel, and despite my aunt's countless attempts to keep up as separate as possible after his joke about me not following her "no relationships" rule while I was away, it's actually been nice.

Sirius and I had a talk about what happened between the two of us at school, and we agreed to be friends again. I hadn't told him about what happened with Regulus the night of the Yule Ball though.

And today, Sirius and I were reading in the library of my house when Aunt Hazel interrupted us with some envelopes in her hand.

"These were just dropped off for you, Rose." She said, holding out the letters.

"What are they?" I asked, putting my book down beside me.

"I don't know, but two of them are from Hogwarts."

Sirius and I looked at eachother and I smiled at him, as we knew it was something from our friends back who stayed at school for the holidays.

Aunt Hazel placed the letters on the coffee table beside us and walked away. I jumped to read them as soon as she put them down. I haven't heard from my friends in a whole week, and I was practically overflowing with excitement.

"There's one for you from James and Remus, it's got your address crossed out and replaced with mine though. And this says it's from Marlene and Lily!" I exclaimed after inspecting the letter on top. I moved the letter to the side, so I could read what the other envelopes said before reading them. "And this one's from Regulus!"

"Regulus? He's writing to you?" Sirius asked with a puzzled look on his face.

"Maybe he's just lonely and bored without you at home." I told him as I picked up the first letter to read.

"Or maybe he's just in love with you." He teased.

"Shut up." I laughed, rolling my eyes at him as I stood up.

I walked over to the desk, trying to find a letter opener so I wouldn't rip the envelopes that the letters came in. I found one, sitting inside a pencil cup that was mostly filled with knitting needles. I walked back over to the couch, moving a stack of books to the side so I could sit down and read the letters.

I put the three envelopes on my lap, then handed the one with his name on it to him. Now with two letters sitting on my skirt, I picked up the first one, carefully slicing the envelope open, slicing the wax seal a little bit as I cut it open.

"Am I allowed to be here while you read them?" Sirius asked from the loveseat beside me.

"I don't see why not."

He stood up and moved over to the couch where I was sitting, carefully moving the stack of books to the edge of the couch so he could sit beside me.

"I'm reading the one from Marlene and Lily first." I told Sirius in case he cared. "And I'm reading it out loud."

I unfolded the letter that was inside the envelope, neatly folded into thirds so it would fit.

Dear Rose,

We're sorry we haven't written to you yet, although it's been lonely without you here, winter break has been fun and writing slipped our minds for a bit. I bet you missed us. Is it lonely at home all by yourself? You have your aunt but I doubt she's as fun as us. 

We haven't been doing much, just some usual pranking done by Remus, James, and Peter, and watching the Triwizard Tournament. We all miss you, and we hope you can come back soon, it's just really not the same with half of our friend group gone right now. Write back when you can!