Bubble Gum

The Hogwarts Express was making it's way down to Hogsmeade Station. We passed through the forest and were now crossing the bridge, and we could see Hogsmeade from out the window.

Sirius and I were the only passengers on the train, as it made a special trip for us at Dumbledore's request.

The train stopped when it got to the station, and Sirius and I started to get off the train.

"I can take your stuff." He said, reaching out to grab the suitcase of clothes I had next to me.

"Oh, thanks." I said with a smile.

I grabbed one of my bags though, and started to head out. I looked out the window as I walked over to the doors, and saw Regulus sitting down on a bench, waiting for us.

He stood up once the train stopped and the doors opened up. Once I got to the doors, I called out his name in glee and ran over to see him.

Regulus' face lit up, and I hugged him tightly in excitement. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up in the air. He spun me around, and I wrapped my legs around him so they wouldn't hit the benches around us.

"Someone's excited to be back. It's only been a month." He said once he put me down.

"I know, but it seems like forever since I've been alone at home with only my aunt and Sirius." I told him, slightly out of breath. "I missed you. I missed everyone!"

Sirius walked up to us, carrying one of my suitcases and a bag of spare clothes my Aunt Hazel gave to him since he didn't have any clothes of his own.

"Regulus." Sirius said to greet his brother. "Where is everyone?"

Understandably, their greeting wasn't as warm as it is for most siblings.

"Back at Hogwarts. They sent me to come pick you two up. But we can head to Three Broomsticks or something before going back if you want."

"Oh, yes please." I said.

"Fine." Sirius agreed. "I can go get us a table and order if you two want to catch up."

"Uh, sure. If that's okay." I told him.

"Yeah, thanks." Regulus said.

Sirius kissed me on the forehead before walking off to Three Broomsticks, bringing along the suitcases he was carrying before. I noticed Regulus looked slightly disappointed when Sirius kissed me, and I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"I, um, I told everyone about Sirius staying with you, because they were asking about him. But I didn't know about that." Regulus said.

"Don't make fun." I told him.

"I didn't say anything." He said with a shrug.

I rolled my eyes, then let out a tiny laugh.

"So, what's been going on with you?" I asked.

"Nothing, really." He told me, starting to walk down to the shops. "It's actually been really boring without you here."

"You haven't been chasing some young Hufflepuff who just got back from her winter vacation?" I asked, expecting that he went back to his old ways after I turned him down at the Yule Ball.

"No."

I was a bit surprised at his answer, and feeling slightly guilty about it.

"You know, I don't think I should be admitting this, but I'm sorry I didn't kiss you back at the dance. I think it's obvious I wanted to, but-" I said, but Regulus cut me off before I could finish.

"Rose, you don't have to say that. I'm fine, you were right, we're better as friends." He said, stopping walking and holding his hand on my arms.

"It's just that-"

"No, really. It's okay. You're clearly happy with Sirius and I'm happy for the both of you. It's okay."

I hugged him tightly, my arms under his and resting on his back.

"Thank you. I just can't shake this guilty feeling like I swallowed bubble gum or something. It's sad because it just hurts."

"Don't worry. It's okay." He said.

I broke away from him slowly, and continued to walk.

"You know, Sirius won't tell me what happened." I told Regulus, hoping he could fill me in on why Sirius left his family.

"So you want me to tell you?"

"I just want to know so I can be here for him." I said, worrying his response meant he wasn't going to tell me anything.

"Him and my parents just can't see eye to eye. They're always fighting about something, this time it escalated too far." Regulus explained.

"So what happened?" I asked.

"My mother disowned him, burned him off the family tree. So he ran away."

"And are you okay?" I asked, finally getting to be concerned about Regulus.

"I'm fine. I'm always fine, you don't need to worry about me."

We reached Three Broomsticks as he was answering me. As Regulus opened the door, I told him "I'm always going to worry about you. I worry about everyone. Deal with it."

He smiled, and we walked over to Sirius, sitting down at a table alone with 3 glasses of Buttebeer.

a/n: Rose is finally back at Hogwarts, yay for that. I really like ths chapter, I hope you do too. Votes and comments are always appreciated, but not necessary, of course. I'll be back soon with more chapters, and maybe a new seperate story about Regulus!