Hey Lover

Our final Yule Ball. The girls of the Gryffindor dorm were all getting ready for what could be the best night of our lives. We all had dates, dresses, and dreams, and we intended on showing them all off. 

As we usually do before a night out, we were excitedly getting dressed and helping each other get ready.

"Oh my Merlin!" Marlene said, looking at all of us. "We all look so good!"

"I know!" I said. "And we all have dates and everything is so perfect this year!"

"Oh, and again, Rose, thank your aunt for the dresses and everything." Lily told me.

"Oh, don't even worry about it." I smiled. "She absolutely adores using us as her muse. She's been working on the dresses for a year because she loves it that much."

I finished my makeup and put on my jewelry, finishing up my look. I helped Dorcas put on the locket that Marlene gave her last Christmas.

"Alright." I said, noticing that everyone was pretty much done getting ready. "Should we head down now?"

"Are we all ready?" Lily asked, putting on her earrings.

"I need to finish my makeup really quickly." Marlene answered. 

"Alright, hurry up." Lily said. "You don't have to be a queen."

I put on my shoes and headed towards the door. "Okay, aside from Marlene, are we all done?" I said, looking around at the girls.

"I think so." Dorcas said. "And we'll meet the guys by the common room and it'll be the start of a whole night of fun."

"Oh, please." Marlene groaned playfully. "The fun has already started, we don't need boys for that!"

"Well, it helps for some of us." I laughed.

"Yes, so please respect that and let us see them." Lily joked.

"Alright, fine." Marlene said. "We'll head down."

We chatted and squealed and laughed while we made our way to meet the boys.

We could hear the boys talking while we walked over. Before we could see them, Marlene and Dorcas stopped me and Lily and told us to stand by the corner.

"We've got to build extra anticipation before they see you." Marlene said. "So we'll get them to come out for you."

"Okay, well hurry up." Lily urged anxiously. "I want to see James and then get down to the ball as soon as I can."

"Alright, Merlin, I'm going." Marlene said as she turned the corner. 

Lily and I waited a second as Marlene and Dorcas built up suspense for us, then they walked out to us with our dates. 

When I saw Regulus turn that corner, the whole world seemed to disappear. I looked at him and he looked so stunning that nothing else mattered. It seemed that he felt the same way, as he was staring at me and was speechless when we saw each other. 

"You- You just- You look-" He stuttered. 

James interrupted him, giving Regulus something to say. "Beautiful, mate. Great, amazing, incredible."

"Beautiful. That one." Regulus said, seeming like he was just snapped out of a trance. 

"You look pretty good too." I told him.

"Not as good as her!" Lily said, starting to walk away from us and heading in the direction of the Great Hall.

"No, of course not." Regulus laughed, then paused for a second, seeing Lily and James walking off. "They're leaving, should we go too?"

"Yeah, that would be great." I said. 

----------

"Are you having fun?" I asked Marlene as she walked by the dance floor, smoking a cigarette. 

"Yes, are you?" She asked. 

I was dancing with Amos, and he spun me around in a twirl just as I was about to answer. Once I regained my balaance and the room stopped spinning, I located Marlene and answered. 

"Of course!" I laughed. 

"Too much fun, maybe?" 

"No such thing, babe." I laughed. 

"Your boyfriend is looking for you." She told me. "He's over by the drinks, so you should go when you get a chance."

"Thank you!" I squealed, then excused myself from the dance floor, heading over to see Regulus.

a/n: so this chapter is definitely based on the vibes of the song, as I barely used the lyrics but whatever

a/n: so this chapter is definitely based on the vibes of the song, as I barely used the lyrics but whatever. Also there's only 4 chapters left in the story so get excited!! We're wrapping it all up now!