Happier

As the end of the night neared, Sirius and Remus started getting ready to leave. It was the first time Sirius had seen his parents since he ran away last year, and he decided it was best if they leave it at a small reunion for now. 

Though I was reluctant, Regulus convinced me to stay with him and his parents for the last week of winter break. I had brought all of my bags when I arrived this afternoon, so it was already set in stone that I'm staying.

Sirius started putting on his jacket, and gave a rather unaffectionate goodbye to Regulus and their parents, then headed towards the door where Remus was waiting. 

I decided I should say goodbye to Remus and Sirius individually, so I walked over to Remus before Sirius finished saying his brief goodbyes. I gave him a hug, and told him that though I would see him again in a week, I'll miss him. 

Remus told me the same, then waved goodbye to Orion and Walburga and said he would wait outside. I waited outside as well so we could give Sirius a private moment with his family. 

After what felt like an hour, but was actually just two minutes, Sirius opened the front door and came outside. He was putting on his gloves and fixing his jacket as he walked outside. I couldn't decipher the look on his face, which meant I had no idea how it went in there. 

"Goodbye, Rose." Sirius said, opening his arms for a hug. 

"Bye, Sirius." I said, hugging him. "Thank you for coming here. I know it must not have been easy."

"It wasn't, but it was better than I expected." He admitted. 

"I don't even know what I expected, to be honest."

Sirius let out a small laugh for reasons I didn't understand until he explained it. 

"I was expecting my parents to be as horrible as always." He said. "And then, I haven't really seen much of you and Regulus as a couple, so I decided to think of the worst case scenario and expect you two to be one of those couples who are always making out, all over each other and everything like that."

I started laughing a bit as well after that last sentence. 

"I don't think we're like that. Or are we?"

"No, of course not." He told me. "If anything, that was me and you."

"Oh my Merlin. It was, wasn't it?" I giggled.

"I think so. But now we're both with different people and we're better. I guess you look happier, you do. So, I would assume you're happier with him."

"I am. I really am happy with Regulus."

"And I'm very happy for you both." He smiled. 

"And I know he's a great boyfriend to you and all, but just in case of if he breaks your heart, like lovers do, just know that I'll be waiting here for you."

I felt as if I was going to cry when he said that. Regulus and I are perfect right now, but it still meant so much to hear Sirius say that.

"Thank you, Sirius, really." I told him.

Then I remembered something from before that I had completely forgotten about during dinner. 

"Oh, that reminds me." I said, pulling a single yellow rose from my coat pocket. I was scared that since I had forgotten about it since this afternoon that it would be wilted or rotted, but it was still in near perfect condition. "I brought your parents a bouquet, but took this one out to give to you."

He took the rose from my hand, and gently stuck it on the front of his jacket.

"It's yellow, for friendship." I explained. "And since now I know we're on good terms, I'm giving it to you."

"Oh, well, thank you." He said. "I would have brought something for you, but I didn't. I'm sorry."

"No need to apologize. That's the point of the rose. Everything is fine between us."

"Of course. Well, I'll see you at school. Goodbye."

"Goodbye." I said again, then waved to Remus and Sirius as the two of them walked off.  

a/n: holy shit this story is almost done and im so excited! This chapter was pretty short, but I think it was kinda cute cus it just wraps up everything between Rose and Sirius, and it's a good way to ease into the end of the story

By the way, I'm going to be clear and say that I DO NOT listen to Ed Sheeran but I thought that the lyrics of this song matched Sirius, Rose, and Regulus, so I'm using it.

Anyways, sorry I've been late with updating, but I'll try to add the final chapter as soon as I can, and I'm not lying this time.