For The First Time

There was a knock at the front door, and I had my suspicions as to who it was. I definitely knew it, but I didn't want to get overexcited for no reason in case I was wrong. 

Seeing my brief excitement, Anita ran over to get the door, hoping my intuition was right. 

She opened the door, and sure enough, standing at the door was no other than Regulus Black. Seeing him, it was just like seeing him for the first time again. 

"You're him?" Anita asked. 

"I would hope so." Regulus joked. "I'm Regulus."

"It's for you, Duskridge." Anita shouted to me. 

I ran over to the door, excited to see him again after a month apart. He dropped his bag onto the floor of the hallway when he saw me running towards him.

Regulus' face lit up, and I hugged him tightly in excitement. He wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up in the air. He spun me around, and I wrapped my legs around him so they wouldn't hit the doorframe around us.

"Oh my Merlin, I've missed you so much!" I squealed. 

"Clearly." He laughed. "And to think that I wasn't even supposed to see you for another month." 

Regulus set me down on the ground again, and I leaned on the doorframe so I wouldn't lose my balance because of dizziness. 

"I know" I told him "I was so stupid when I made the plans to come here for a whole summer without a break to go back to England."

"Do you care to introduce us to your friend, Rose?" Marina asked. 

"Oh, yes. Sorry. This is Regulus." I told the twins, then turned to face Regulus. "Regulus, this is Anita, and that's Marina." 

The twins both shot him a slight wave, looking completely identical. From the hand gesture to the way they looked with their similar outfits and their matching, shoulder-length brown hair. 

"So, Regulus, how do you know our Rose?" Marina asked. 

"Um, we're friends. We're all part of one big friend group over at Hogwarts. But Rose hasn't told us much about you. How do you know her?"

Marina raised her eyebrow, intrigued at Regulus' response. 

"We were all in the same house at Ilvermorny." She said. 

"But we're a year older. We graduated last month." Anita added.

 "See?" Regulus said to them. "Rose is quite a secretive person when it comes to her life in America. We didn't even know that you were a year older. We were all a bit confused as to how you both had your own apartment already."

"Well, we all have time to get to know everyone now." Marina said.

"Actually, I was thinking that Regulus and I could catch up alone." I suggested. 

"Yeah, I'd like that." Regulus said as he picked his bag up off from the floor. 

We walked over towards the guest bedroom together. 

"Be safe, you two!" Marina said when we walked inside. 

"Hilarious." I said sarcastically as I shut the door behind me. 

I turned around to face Regulus, who was trying to hide an embarrassed smirk.

"I'm sorry about them. I just didn't want them to be embarrassing."

"Embarassing for me or you?" He asked.

"Both, I guess." I shrugged.

"So how has your summer been? This seems like a nice place where you're staying."

"Good, mostly." I told him. "A bit lonely, if I'm being honest."

"You haven't been keeping in touch with anyone from back home?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Yours was one of the first letters I've received all summer."

"You're joking."

"No." I said, opening the balcony door. "Lily sent me a few letters near the beginning of summer, but that's it."

"If I had known, I would have come to visit a lot sooner." He said, walking towards me out on the balcony.

I looked over at him, walking over with his hands in his pockets. His mannerisms often reminded me of Sirius, today included. I've always thought that, but since the start of last school year, I've felt guilty whenever I think about it.

"You could have just sent more letters." I joked.

He leaned on the banister and looked over at me.

"I wanted to see you." He said.

"How long do you think you'll be staying here?" I asked.

"How long do you want me here?"

"I'd have to ask the twins, but you can stay all summer if you want."

He looked at me as if he was holding back a smile, then looked away.

"So, how much have you told your friends about me?" He asked with a smirk.

"I've told them a little bit about everyone." I said.

I wasn't lying, because I have told them at least a little bit about everyone. I just told them quite a bit more about Regulus.

"I meant me specifically."

"I know what you meant. Do you want to go have dinner with them now?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"Thanks for dinner, and for all the stories about Rose." Regulus said.

"Oh, it's our pleasure. Especially since you told us all about what she's up to now." Anita said.

"So how long do you think you'll be staying here?"

Regulus paused for a moment to think. So, I stepped in and answered.

"He's not sure yet. But he'll stay tonight." I said.

I looked over at Regulus, making sure my answer was alright, to which he responded with a simple nod.

"Alright, well, you can crash on the couch. It's a pullout." Marina told him.

"Oh, no, he can stay in my room." I said. "I mean, as long as that's what you'd like."

I looked over at Regulus again, waiting for his response.

He hesitated, like he didn't know he would have to answer anything.

"Yes, of course. Yeah, I can stay with Rose." He said.

~~~~~~~~~~

Regulus spent the night in my bedroom, sharing the guest bed with me. We stayed up late talking about everything you could possibly imagine.

I felt like that night had lasted days, as it was just so fun. In that moment, I felt like we were eternal.

But by morning, I had woken up to find Regulus gone along with his bag and every sign he had even been there in the first place.

a/n: yay I'm uploading just a day after my last chapter

a/n: yay I'm uploading just a day after my last chapter. Hopefully I'll actually start updating normally soon. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I'll hopefully be back soon with a new one.