Wildflower

A random Saturday in early March, and I was alone. By choice, but still. I chose to be here alone in the trophy room to match how I felt. Sirius and I growing more and more distant, and I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone about it. 

So, I did the easiest thing to do and hid. Not exactly hiding, because the trophy room is also a nice and quiet place for relaxation, but I was hiding.

All was calm and silent until I heard the door open, and the person standing by the door frame turned out to be one of the last people I would want to talk about Sirius with. 

"Here you are. Need a companion?" Regulus said, walking over to me. 

"Oh, were you looking for me?" I asked. 

I put down my sketchbook when he got closer to me, setting it down wedged in between me and the armrest of my seat.

"Not really, I was just bored." 

He took a seat adjacent to me, now in the one sunlit part of the whole room. I could actually see him now. 

"Ah, and I was just your last resort. I get it." I joked.

"No, of course not." He said calmly. "You were more like my first choice, actually. But I heard through the grapevine that you and Sirius are having problems. Is that true?"

"Who told you about that?"

"You just did." He said. 

That clever bastard.  

"Is that why you're spending your Saturday alone in the trophy room? Because you're avoiding him?" Regulus asked.

"I'm not avoiding anyone. And we're not having problems. Things are a little off, sure, but no problems." I told him. 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. I just came here to draw." I said, picking up my sketchbook and showing it to him. 

"What are you drawing?"

"The plant beside you. But I drew some trophies before you got here."

I flipped to the page I was on and held the pictures out to show him. I closed the book after a second and put it in my lap.

"Draw me." Regulus said.

"What? You want me to just draw a picture of you?" I let out a soft laugh as I spoke.

"Yes. Can you?"

"Of course I can. Watch me." 

Regulus sat up and adjusted himself in his seat as I found an empty page in the book and pulled out my pencil. He inhaled like he was about to go underwater and puffed out his chest, holding a position like a king in a royal portrait. 

"You don't need to hold still like that. And you don't need to pose, either." I told him. 

"Oh, good." He chuckled softly and sat back naturally.

I started the base sketch, drawing his body from shapes. Once I finished that, I looked back at Regulus, noticing how the sunlight hit his face at the perfect angle. I started to stare at him, admiring him, but then I realized what I was doing and stopped. 

A few minutes of silence passed, then Regulus interrupted it continuing his questions from before. 

"So, why are you really up here?" 

He asked it in such a candid and casual way that I alsmost told him the real reason. I caught myself before I could answer him, though. 

"I just came up here to draw. It's peaceful, I like it."

"Not because of how Sirius has been ignoring you and blowing you off lately?" Regulus questioned. 

"You noticed that too?"

He nodded slightly, then leaned back to how he was sitting before he started talking. I went back to drawing him as well.

"I thought I was just losing my mind. Like I was just being paranoid or something."

"You know you're not losing your mind." Regulus said. "I think everyone's noticed it."

"But no one has pointed it out. Except you." I told him, not even looking up from my drawing. 

"I promise I'm not trying to make things worse between the two of you. I just want you to be happy." 

I quickly finished the drawing, rushing past details and textures. I was slightly frustrated, and just trying to get out of there. I didn't want to be bombarded with the same thing I came here to avoid. But I stood up with the book in hand and walked over to show it to Regulus. 

I handed him the sketchbook open to his picture. He started to flip through the pages, looking at past drawings of mine. I considered stopping him, but there was nothing in there that I would be ashamed to show him. 

"Did you do all of these?" He asked, handing my sketchbook back to me. 

"Yes." I said softly.

"They're wonderful."

"Thank you." I said, carefully ripping out the drawing of him and placing it on the chair next to him as I went to leave. 

As I walked out, his words repeated in my head again. Everything he said about me and Sirius. I think he's right. 

a/n: Two new chapters in one day?? Who am I omg? Sorry that this one was a bit short too, but it was really dialogue-heavy so it was more dense I guess

a/n: Two new chapters in one day?? Who am I omg? Sorry that this one was a bit short too, but it was really dialogue-heavy so it was more dense I guess. But also yay because of more angst. I love it. I hope you liked this chapter, and I'll be back with more soon.