Washing Machine Heart

It's been a few days since I noticed Sirius paying more attention to Remus than me. Once I noticed them sharing clothes, I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop catching Sirius laughing at all of Remus' jokes and staring at him even when I was talking.

And I know I said him and Marlene kissing a few years back means nothing, but the more I think about it, the weirder I feel. Maybe it did mean something. Maybe it meant something that no one told me about it until now.

Am I losing my mind? Am I just jealous? I wasn't sure, but I honestly wasn't sure I wanted answers, either. The answers would likely screw with my relationship with both Sirius and Remus, and that's definitelty not something I want.

I didn't want to lose anyone. But to be honest, I wasn't sure what exactly it was that I did want.

But tonight, Sirius and I had a date planned. A picnic, out by the Quidditch pitch. He had practice today, so it was convenient to be by the field so he could play right after our date. I wasn't wearing my usual lipstick, I thought maybe we would kiss.

We brought a basket of snacks and set up a blanket right beside the field. This was the only time we've been alone together in the last few days. Since Sirius gave me his sweater.

"What's on your mind?" Sirius asked a few minutes after we sat down. "You seem a little off."

"Nothing. I'm fine." I said as I tossed an Every Flavour Bean into my mouth. It tasted like grapefruit, which is one of my favourite flavors.

"I can tell when you're lying, you know." Sirius said, then leaning over to spit out a jellybean onto the grass, immediately ruining how cool and cute that line would have been if he hadn't eaten a nasty jellybean right before saying it.

"What was it?" I laughed, trying to change the subject.

"Some kind of fish." He laughed and took a chug from the giant bottle of water we brought with us for this exact reason. "Maybe sardine."

I laughed even more, but was interrupted by a familiar voice coming from the Quidditch pitch.

"Hey, Sirius, we have practice! Are you coming?" Regulus shouted, about 30 feet away from us, but walking closer. He was all ready for Quidditch practice, wearing his Slytherin uniform and holding his broom. He was early, Sirius said practice wouldn't start for another half-hour or so.

"I'll come when practice actually starts. I'm busy right now." Sirius told him.

"Ah, a date." Regulus said, now close enough that he didn't have to shout. "Well finish it up soon. But, I mean, kiss her first, obviously. Look at her lipstick."

I was surprised that Regulus noticed it after only a few seconds of seeing me. Surprised and flattered, honestly. I felt myself start to blush, but tried to hide it by throwing a handful of green jellybeans that we had set aside at Regulus. None of the green ones are good.

"Fuck off, Regulus!" I told Regulus playfully as I threw the candies.

"Don't worry, it looks good on you, Rose." He said, turning around and walking back to the field.

I had completely forgotten about what I was thinking about before Regulus showed up. Then Sirius snapped me back by asking "So really, what's wrong?".

"I'm just going to sound ridiculous if I say it out loud." I told him.

"That doesn't matter."

"Fine, it's just that ever since a few days ago when you gave me your sweater, I can't stop noticing that it feels like you'd rather be without me. Like, specifically, you'd rather be with Remus."

"What?" He asked.

"See, it sounds stupid but, like you're always staring at him and laughing at his jokes and hanging out with him and I just can't shake this fucking feeling that's like, even when we kiss, and even though I've closed my eyes, I know who you pretend I am."

"Rose," Sirius said, running his fingers through my hair. "I love you. And I feel the same way about you and Regulus, but I don't say anything about it. Because I know that I love you, and only you, and I trust that you feel the same way about you."

"So there's nothing going on between you and Remus? And I'm just crazy?" I asked, wiping a tear that had fallen down my cheek.

"You're absolutely crazy." He said with a smile.

"Good, then I love you too." I said as I leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

I don't think I've ever said that to Sirius before. I think I've only said it in a romantic way to one person. But I knew I loved Sirius more than I knew anything. And I became even more sure of it a second later when he held me close to him and kissed me for real.

a/n: So this is definitely not my best work, this chapter is super messy and a bit weird, but whatever

a/n: So this is definitely not my best work, this chapter is super messy and a bit weird, but whatever. This one is kinda sad and it's got stuff that appeals to people who ship every main ship in this story, so that's good. I'll be back with new chapters soon, and btw, I'm trying to ramp up drama and tension in the story, so be warned about that. Bye :)