Crush

"Nothing has happened since then." I told Marlene.

"And it's been what, 2 whole days now?" She said, clearly annoyed.

"Only 2 days," I stressed. "and either he likes me and he makes a move, or he doesn't and I know it was just a one time thing that happened. I'm fine both ways."

"True, and if it turns out he doesn't like you, you and I could just date."

"I would date you, but Dorcas is coming back soon so I would be replaced in a few weeks anyways."

She blushed at the mention of Dorcas. The 2 of them have liked each other forever, apparently, but no one really knows if anything has ever happened between them. I noticed the chemistry the second I arrived at Hogwarts.

Marlene had even been drawing Dorcas in a notebook as we were talking.

"Plus Amos likes you too." I added.

"Oh my Merlin, I forgot about that." She laughed, covering her mouth to not show it too much. "He likes both of us though."

"I know that. I was there for that entire night you set up." I said sarcastically.

"Wait!" She exclaimed, looking shocked. "That means you have 2 guys who like you!"

"Neither of them talk to me." I said, laughing at the very idea. "And I don't know what either one wants."

"Do you want to find out?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Lily was just sitting there, reading a book. One of the books they told us about in Muggle Studies, I think. A light green book with the title "Emma" on the cover in gold, cursive lettering.

Marlene and the Marauders are sometimes ridiculous, but they do have some great, and incredibly sneaky plans.

"Lily," Marlene whispered. "we need your help. It'll just take a few minutes, we promise."

"What is it?"

"We need to find James' invisibility cloak." I said, still nervous about the entire plan.

"Why would I-" Lily started. "Why would I know where it is?"

"Because you both like each other. And there's no way he hasn't shown it to you." Marlene told her.

"What do you need it for?"

"Rose and I are gonna spy on Sirius and the boys for a bit. Rose is like, super sad because Sirius has been ignoring her."

"I am not!" I said. I was about to say it loudly to get my point across but quickly remembering we're still in the library.

"Aww, she's so sad." Lily said with a fake sad face on. "Alright, but you have to give it back before the end of the night."

~~~~~~~~~~

We walked all the way up to the boys' dorms. I don't come up here often, but Marlene and Lily do.

"Ok, here we are." Lily said. "He keeps it in his top drawer. But don't touch anything else, they'll know if you move anything."

"Thank you, thank you!" Marlene beamed.

"I found it!" I said, still trying to keep a hushed volume.

We tried it on before we left the room. It fit the both of us but it was a bit of a tight fit. We thanked Lily again and ran out to the Gryffindor common room. They had to be there, that's where we always are.