Save Your Tears

The first Gryffindor party of the year. The Gryffindor parties are always huge, but their school homecoming parties were on another level. 

It's always held on one of the first days back to school, and it's a way to end the summer with a bang.

For this year, the Marauders threw a party in our common room. It was jam packed, loud, hot, but obviously fun.

The music was blasting, and everyone was drinking, trying to bask in the last moments of summer. For me, I was just trying to experience summer here, as I missed it all this year over in Massachusetts.

It was working. I was getting buzzed, I was dancing, I was having fun with friends. And then the fun stopped when he walked in. 

I was dancing and talking with Amos about how our summers went. 

"How was your trip back home?" He asked when we started talking. 

He remembered that I told him I was going back to America. 

"Oh, it was great!" I told him. "I stayed with some old friends and I got to be all nostalgic."

"That's really cool. I've never been out of England before, but I would definitely want to visit America."

"You would love it!" I said. "Maybe I'll bring you if I go back next year. I'm thinking about inviting everyone to come down sometime."

My eyes trailed off to the side of the room and that's when I saw him, the asshole who I let ruin my summer. Standing at the entrance of the Gryffindor common room, looking around the room for anyone he knew, was none other than Regulus Black. 

When I saw him, I could feel a single tear fall from my eye. He saw me too, a second after I noticed him. I quickly turned away and went back to my conversation with Amos, which unfortunately, didn't last long. 

It took Regulus about twenty seconds to make his way from the door to me, on the other side of the room. 

He came up to Amos and I and inserted himself into our conversation. And of course Amos had no knowledge of what happened over the summer, so he had no problem with Regulus being here. 

"How were your summers, you two?" Regulus asked. 

"Great, thanks." Amos told him. 

"I think you know exactly how my summer was, Regulus." I huffed, much to Amos' confusion and Regulus' guilt. "Now, thanks for asking about it, but Amos and I were in the middle of a conversation."

Amos' eyes darted back and forth between me and Regulus as he knew something clearly happened, but he didn't know what. 

Regulus sighed, then turned to Amos. "Diggory, could you excuse me and Rose for just a minute?"

Amos agreed, and turned around to go talk to a group of Hufflepuff students in the corner. 

As soon as Amos was out of earshot from us, I turned and looked at Regulus with a frustrated look on my face.

"I don't want to talk to you." I told him bluntly.

"Please, Rose."

"Do you know how humiliating it was when you just left?" I asked.

"Rose, save your tears and let me explain!" He said, raising his voice slightly.

"Can you actually explain yourself?" I asked.

"I can. Can we just step out of here and go somewhere more private to talk?" He asked.

I wanted to say no. I didn't even want to be at the same party as him, let alone somewhere private. But, as much as I resented him, I was willing to give him a chance at explaining himself.

"Fine." I sighed. "This better be good."

We walked to my dorm room, which was the closest location I knew would be alone in.

"Well, here we are." I said, opening the door.

We both walked inside, and I closed the door behind us. Regulus sat down on my bed, and I did the same, maintaining a few feet of distance between us.

"I felt absolutely humiliated after I talked you up to my friends and then you just disappeared." I told him.

"Rose, I am so sorry for leaving you." He said.

"Is that all you have to say?" I asked. "You ruined the last half of my summer and that's all I get?"

"No, I ran away because I was scared of messing things up. I got intimidated and I got in my own head and I just didn't want to ruin things with you."

"Oh, well then it's a good thing you left and messed things up before you could get a chance to mess things up." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I deserve that." He let out a light chuckle. "But, I really do like you, Rose. And I am truly sorry. I'm sorry for everything I've done, for every time I've hurt you, for every stupid mistake I've made, for everything."

I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, then start to fall down my face as soon as I spoke. 

"Regulus Black, you are an asshole." I told him, then started to smile. "And I accept your apology."

He let out a sigh of relief, and I moved close and hugged him. He wrapped his arms around me, and we stayed intertwined like that for a few more seconds. 

Without letting go, he asked "Do you want to go back to the party now?".

"No." I told him. "I want to stay here with you, just like this."

a/n: So, I'm a bit behind schedule (whoops), but it's alright because I promise to post one new chapter every day, whether it be for this or Philophobia, and you can get a bunch of content from me in these coming weeks

So, leave a vote if you would like, and I'll be back soon (for real now) with more chapters!