Alewife

"Rose!" Anita called my name from the front door. "There's a letter for you!"

Curious and excited, I got up from bed and went to see what the letter was. I haven't been getting many letters this summer, since all of my friends are busy and half way across the world. 

When I got to the front hall, both of the twins were staring at the front of the letter, eyes wide, looking like that envelope just made both of their summers. 

"Regulus." Marina said. "He's the pretty boy who liked you, right?"

"That doesn't narrow it down at all." Anita laughed. 

"Give me that letter! Is it really from Regulus?" I asked nervously. 

Anita held out her hand and I quickly grabbed the envelope, anxious to see what it was. 

"It is!" I said, accidentally out loud. 

I revelled in the envelope's exterior, from the neat cursive handwriting all across the paper to the red wax seal with a rose on it. I admired every single detail of the letter. 

I unfolded the letter and walked into Anita and Marina's guest bedroom so they wouldn't see whatever was in the letter when I read it.

Dear Rose, 

How is your summer? I'm sorry I haven't written to you. I'm in Massachusetts, only 30  minutes from Alewife. I came over in hopes of seeing you, if you and your friends will have me. I just wanted to see you since it's been a month since we last spoke.  

If you'll have me, I'm staying at a small hotel in what seems to be the American version of Hogsmeade. Of course, it's worse than Hogsmeade, but it's cheap so I'm staying here. I miss you, Rose, and I very much do want to see you again. 

- Your old friend Regulus

As I finished reading the letter, I realized that a smile had become plastered on my face when I read his writing. I missed Regulus as well, and I have been thinking about him a lot recently, even though I haven't told Anita or Marina that last bit. 

The only part of the letter that made me sad was the idea that Regulus may be thinking I would have a reason to not want to see him. 

Immediately, I went to write him a letter back. 

I walked over to my bags and grabbed a piece of paper and a fountain pen from the stationery set I brought with me to America that has found little to no use over this summer. 

I laid a sheet of paper flat onto the nightstand and dipped my pen into some black ink. 

Dear Regulus, 

Of course I would love to see you! I didn't know you were even considering coming to Massachusetts this summer. If I had known, I would have invited you to stay over sooner. 

I gave you the address of where I'm staying, and I would just be absolutely overjoyed if you came to visit. I've missed you too, and I was honestly dreading the idea of waiting all summer to see you and everyone else again.

You should definitely stop by my friends' apartment whenever you feel like it. They say their door is always unlocked. Please don't be shy, I'm looking forward to you visiting, and I'm sure Anita and Marina are excited to meet you too as I've told them about all of our friends from Hogwarts.

If you don't want to come, I understand, but I do miss you too and would be so excited if you stopped by, at least for a day or two. 

- Rose  

a/n: I really have nothing to say for myself right now

a/n: I really have nothing to say for myself right now. It's been so long since I last updated this story and I come back with this mediocre, letter-filled chapter. I am really sorry, especially because I have the rest of this story planned out and ready to write, I just haven't found any motivation or inspiration for this story recently. 

Thank you for anyone who hasn't stopped reading the story at this point. This story is long as hell and extremely tedious at times, I know more than anyone.

I promise now that I am trying my hardest to continue this story and wrap it up soon. I hope you enjoy Symphony from this point forward.