Jenny

I sat down on his neatly made bed, and he closed the door behind us. I avoided making eye contact with him until he sat down next to me, leaning on the bedpost, but somehow still looking patient and polite. 

"What is it?" He asked me.

I doubt he doesn't know, though. Ever since we kissed a few days ago, things have been tense and awkward between us. It was pretty clear to anyone around us, too.  

It's not the first time this has happened, of course. It seems to happen over and over again. Something happens between us, and then we become more distant than ever, it's nothing new. 

"Um, it's about what happened on Friday." I said softly.

I saw his face turn and he gave me a curious look, like he was wondering where the conversation was heading.

In my mind, the conversation could have gone one of two ways, either I tell him I regret what happened, or I wish it could happen more often. I'm sad to say I was planning on telling him the former.

"We keep on doing this." I told him. "We kiss, or more, and then we avoid each other like the plague for days. We have to stop." 

"You kissed me this time, though." Sirius pointed out.

He was right. There was a part of me that wanted more. A part of me that wished we could be together. A part of me who had lost her mind because no sane person would keep on going back to him.

"I know, and I'm sorry. I think I ruined our friendship. Again." 

I could feel a lump forming in my throat already. I didn't want to cry but I couldn't stop it. I wanted him, but I didn't want to hurt our friendship even more than I already have. 

Sirius reached out and held my hand. I'm guessing he could tell I was about to cry and wanted to stop me, but I let him take my hand. I looked up at him, my eyes watering even though I tried my hardest to stop.

"Well, I want  to ruin our friendship." He said.

"What?" I asked him, puzzled at his statement.

"We should be lovers instead." 

"Sirius-" I said softly. 

It's not that I didn't agree with him. I wanted to be with him, but I wasn't sure we could be together after several failed attempts at anything more than friendship. Of course, our attempt at friendship only lasted a year anyways. 

"No," He cut me off. "I don't know how to say this, 'cause youre really my dearest friend, but,"

He paused for a moment. I wasn't sure if he was trying to find the words or just the courage to say something he's known for a while. 

"I love you, Rose. And I don't think we can just be friends." 

"We've done it before." I told him, even though I knew how that ended.

"But I can't do it anymore. I need you. We're more than friends, you know that." 

I did know it. For the past few months, we couldn't stay just friends for more than a few weeks at a time. For most of the time, our relationship was either romantic or rotten.  

"You really want to do this all over again?" I asked, fighting a smile that I could feel coming out because of the idea that Sirius and I still like each other. 

"As long as it doesn't end the same way." He said.

He leaned towards me, his hand still holding mine, waiting for a response before doing anything. 

"Good." I smiled. "Me too." 

a/n: So this chapter is really short, sorry about that if you like the longer chapters

a/n: So this chapter is really short, sorry about that if you like the longer chapters. Again, I don't really know what chapter length you guys like, so they're all kind of varying. But this chapter is also pretty cute if you like Sirius and Rose together. 

Also, I was considering starting writing a new story about Regulus. It'll be more accurate to canon than this story, so let me know if you guys would read it.