Softcore

The Gryffindor girls' dormitory had never had never been filled with this much excitement at once. Everyone here had a date, and they weren't all just friends going together like last year. Well, except for me, who was going with Regulus. But I was excited for all my friends anyways.

The sound of squeals and laughter could be heard from all across the Gryffindor tower, but we didn't care who heard us.

We all had on our dresses and were basically ready to go, but we were just putting on the finishing touches to our looks.

"Wait, what time is it?" Dorcas asked, putting on her mascara.

"7:25." I told her as I put on a silver locket my parents gave to me for Christmas a few years back.

"So Regulus is picking you up in 5 minutes!" Marlene squealed. "Are you ready?"

"Ready for what? We're going as friends."

"But are you nervous?" Lily asked.

"Hell no, it's my last full day here with you guys for Merlin knows how long, I'm not going to spend it being nervous about anything."

I lied, I was a bit nervous, but not about Regulus. It was about what happens after the dance. My aunt is pulling me away from all my friends and keeping me at home until Ash is caught. This may be the last time I ever see my friends again.

But I was also nervous about something that happened a few days ago. A few days after we found out that Ash escaped Azkaban and that I'll be gone for at least until winter break is over, something happened between Sirius and I.

He came out of the common room, he had clearly been drinking with James, Remus, and Peter. I bumped into him as I walked by, and he confessed that he missed me and wanted something to happen between us again. I didn't know how to react, so I just pointed out that he was obviously drunk and wasn't thinking straight.

Things went back to how they were right before that, with the two of us avoiding each other. To be honest, I'm not even sure he remembers what he said, so I haven't brought it up.

"I need help with my dress." Lily shouted from across the room, snapping me back to reality after I zoned out.

I got up and walked over to her, since I was the only one who was done with my makeup.

"What about you? Are you nervous?" I asked Lily while I zipped up the back of her dress.

"A little." She admitted, pulling her hair out from her dress. "But it's mostly just excitement."

"Well, you shouldn't be nervous at all, James adores you." I told her.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Dorcas rushed over to see who it was, she looked through the peephole and shouted excitedly "Rose, it's for you!".

She opened the door, and Regulus was standing outside, dressed in a fancy suit that was no doubt borrowed from his father. Sirius and Regulus always dressed fancy, but this was more than usual.

"Hello, Dorcas." Regulus said. "I'm here to pick up Rose. I'm a few minutes early, I apologize."

"No apologies necessary." Dorcas smiled and reassured him. "She's just about ready."

I put on my heels and headed out towards the door. When he saw me, I could see his face light up and his shoulders drop.

"Uh," He stammered. "You look amazing."

I could tell I was starting to blush. "I thought the dress was too much, but my aunt made it specifically for me, and everyone insisted it was good."

"No, you look beautiful." He paused. "You are beautiful."

I smiled, but only for a second before Marlene started pushing me out the door.

"Okay, you lovebirds, get yourselves downstairs and enjoy the party."

"Alright," I told her. "I'll see you guys down there later. Bye!"

~~~~~~~~~~

We didn't go straight to the Yule Ball, we went for a walk around the school instead. The halls were all empty, and it was a moment of peace before a night of loud music and chaos.

"So, I take it things have been rocky between you and Sirius?" He inquired as we passed the library.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I don't mean to pry, but you and my brother have been avoiding each other like the plague. So, I just thought that whatever you two had was over."

"Oh, um, yeah. It was just a thing, it wasn't even a thing, it lasted like 2 weeks. But, yeah, things have been, uh, a bit rough." I said, struggling to find the words to describe it. I didn't tell him, or anyone else, about what happened the other night.

"Oh," He said softly. "I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay. It wasn't even a thing, but even if it was, I'm leaving next week for who knows how long, so that would definitely be an obstacle for a relationship."

"Yeah, that." He let out a sigh. "Aren't we too young for this?"

"We're too young for a lot of things we go through." I pointed out.

"True, but I mean like, you have to hide away from everything because there's a murderer after you. Isn't that ridiculous?"

"It wasn't exactly my choice, but it is what it is." I sighed. "But, who knows? Maybe I'll be back before New Years."

There was a moment of hesitation, like we were both trying to think of something to say.

"Should we head to the Great Hall now?" I asked, filling the silence. "They should be starting soon, and they'll show off the Triwizard champions."

"Sure." He said with a small smile. We turned around and headed to the Great Hall. The sound of students chattering in anticipation could be heard in every hallway in the school. This could be my last day at Hogwarts, but it's okay, because I know I'll be surrounded by friends.

a/n: Finally, the Yule Ball is here! Don't worry though, there will still be a few more Yule Ball chapters coming up soon, that I'll probably post in the next few days

a/n: Finally, the Yule Ball is here! Don't worry though, there will still be a few more Yule Ball chapters coming up soon, that I'll probably post in the next few days. But anyways, don't forget to vote and comment, and I'll see y'all real soon with some more chapters.