Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?

"We were wondering when you guys would show up!" James said to me and Regulus when we walked in.

"We just went for a walk around the school before we came here. We're not even late, there's still a minute or 2 until it starts." I told him.

"You two look great." Remus said.

We thanked him and then made our way into the Great Hall, because the doors opened while he was talking.

The entire hall was decorated with icicles and snow. It looked like a winter wonderland from top to bottom. I had never seen anything like it. As we walked in, the music playing was overpowered by the volume of students gasping and talking, as well as the clicking of hundreds of high heels and dress shoes. 

That was only the case for a few seconds, though, as the music got louder so that the Triwizard champions could have the first dance. They started to dance in a clearly choreographed and practiced dance, switching partners and constantly moving around the dancefloor.

Once the dance was done, all the students clapped, sending a thunderous applause roaring through the Great Hall.  Then, the room flooded with students, all wanting to dance.

There were also tables full of food and drinks, with ice statues as giant centerpieces. Hogwarts really went all out for tonight. 

"Let's go look around!" Marlene said, pulling me by the arm. I was worried she'd rip the tulle sleeves of my dress, but then I realized if Aunt Hazel made it, it would be fine. 

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!" I told her, then turned to Regulus to tell him that I'll be right back.  

"I want to meet some of the Beauxbatons girls, they're French so I just know they're cool!" She squealed, still holding onto my forearm. 

~~~~~~~~~~

The ball ends at midnight, and it was about 10 o'clock. I had mostly spent the night so far with Marlene, Dorcas, Regulus, and a Beauxbatons girl I met earlier tonight.

I was sitting with Regulus, as we just got drinks to relax after dancing for a while. I hadn't seen Sirius all night, until he walked up to the table Regulus and I were sitting at.

"Sirius." Regulus said, greeting his brother.

"Regulus." He said, greeting him back. Then he turned to face me. "Rose, can I have this dance?"

"Um, sure." I answered, looking over at Regulus to make sure he didn't mind.

I left my drink at the table, expecting to come back after this song ends. It was a faster song, but still something to slow dance to.

Sirius smelled like alcohol, and I assumed him and the rest of the Marauders had snuck in some flasks.

"Have you been drinking?" I asked.

He ignored me, and just kept walking to the dancefloor, with my arm linked with his.

We got to the dancefloor and I let go of his arm, putting my hands over his shoulders instead.

He put his hands on my waist, and we started to dance.

"I didn't get a chance to tell you earlier, but you look really nice." He told me.

"You look nice too." I said.

"You know, I'm sorry things have been weird between us. I want to make things better."

I rolled my eyes. I wanted to say so many things in response to that, but I couldn't. I was fine with one drunken incident, but two was too much, and I wasn't going to just accept it this time.

"What?" He asked, noticing my reaction.

"You're a coward, you know that?" I told him. "Why do you only talk to me when you're high?"

He didn't say anything, he just looked at me, as we continued to dance.

"Really? Nothing?" I asked. "You really can't say anything to me. You're pathetic."

I took my arms from his shoulders, and started to walk away.

"Rose, wait." Sirius said. He grabbed my hand before I could walk away from him. "Can we please just talk?"

"Sober up, then we can talk about it." The instructions were mostly because I needed to have a sensible talk with him, just us. But, they were also because I couldn't talk with him right now without getting pissed off.

"Thank you." He whispered. "I really am sorry, Rose, I promise."

I didn't say anything in response. I just walked back to where Regulus and I were sitting. He was still there, waiting for me, drink in hand.

"You're back already." Regulus commented.

"Yeah, but I'm going to get some air, do you want to come outside with me?" I asked him.

"Of course." He said with a polite smile.

He set his drink down, and stood up, putting on his coat. He took my hand and we started walking towards the door.

"Your brother is killing me right now." I told him.

"Tell me about it." He said sarcastically.

a/n: Are we finally going to resolve this Sirius drama before Rose leaves? Stay tuned and find out, I guess

I hope you guys liked this chapter. Also, I'm going to be really busy this week, but I have a few chapters ready to post so y'all can keep on reading. I'll try to post as often as I can, and I'll see you soon!