Chemtrails Over The Country Club

I've spent most of the day sitting on the porch here, waiting for anything to happen. A bird flying past the trees, a change in the weather, truly anything.

Nothing ever happens, though. It's quite a boring place we live in, and it's only interesting if you go into the forest behind the houses. I would, but Aunt Hazel says I'm not allowed right now so I'll stay put here for now.

Today, something interesting did happen, even if it just started as something small. Sirius walked out, around 2 o'clock, holding a tin of cigarettes and a silver lighter. He said hi to me, then he kept walking and stopped to lean on the railing.

"Where did you get those?" I asked as he pulled a cigarette out of the tin.

"They were on the hallway table next to my room. The one with the flower vase."

His room. He's barely been here 2 weeks and he already considered it to be his room. I couldn't tell if I thought his ability to make himself at home was cute or annoying.

"Can I have one?" I asked. I've never smoked, but both Sirius and Regulus do. A trait Regulus said they picked up from their parents.

"No." He said, igniting the lighter.

"Why not? You found them in my house, so they're basically mine."

"Apparently it's bad for you. So you shouldn't smoke."

"Fine, I won't." I told him, turning and looking back at the forest.

There was a moment of silence while he took a drag off the cigarette. I took a breath and stared at the trees. I could see him out the corner of my eye looking at me, but I wasn't sure what that meant, if it meant anything.

"The break ends tomorrow, are you going to go back on Monday?" I asked him.

"What if I stayed here until you go back?"

"I'd say that's a bold move, considering the fact that I might never go back there."

"It said in the papers that they're close to catching him." He informed me.

"I wouldn't know." I admitted. "Everytime I read a newspaper or see his face, I just get nauseous, so I stopped."

I hated that I just told him that. I hate that I said it out loud, that I said anything about it. I've just been trying to ignore Ash and everything that's going on. I'm just trying to pretend it's just a normal winter break and that everything is fine.

"But, even if he never gets caught, I wouldn't mind staying here." He confessed.

"You have to go back." I told him.

It's not that I didn't want him here, I do. It's just that he deserves to go back to Hogwarts with all of our friends.

"I don't have to." Sirius said, taking another drag from the cigarette between his fingers. He's always been stubborn, another thing I can't decide if I thought was admirable or not.

"You have friends there who are expecting for you to come back. They're waiting for you."

"So I'll write to them and explain everything. Done." He said, looking completely sure that he wants to stay.

"And your grades? I got a pardon from school, you didn't." I pointed out.

"Who cares?"

"What about your family?" I said. I wasn't sure how long I could keep on listing reasons for him to go.

"I have you, but I have no family. I'm nobody's son."

"And I'm nobody's daughter. We aren't so different, you and I." I told him.

It hurt to say it out loud. I still consider my parents to be here, even if they aren't, but the moment was right, and I felt that I could admit it.

"So you know how I feel, and I should stay." He said, putting out his unfinished cigarette on the banister.

"I mean that we're similar, so I know you should go back. Why are you so intent on staying here?" I asked in a defensive tone.

"Because I love you." He said, walking over to me and sitting down in the seat next to me. "And I just want to be with you."

He's never said that to me before. I love you. It sent a chill down my chest, but if I'm being honest, I liked it.

"You can't wait for me while I hide out here?" I asked, half-joking.

"I'm on the run with you, my sweet love." He said, taking a strand of hair that had fallen in my face and tucking it behind my ear.

There it was again. Love.

I put my hand on his cheek, pulling his face close to mine. I closed my eyes and kissed him. Every time we kiss, it brings back memories of moments past where we're together, and this was no outlier.

The moment didn't last long, though. As I was snapped out of it after I heard the sound of the door opening. Both of us pulled away quickly, making sure my aunt wouldn't catch us doing anything she could kick Sirius out for.

"Ah" Aunt Hazel said. "There you two are. I came to ask if you would like anything for lunch."

"Um, I'm fine. Thank you though." I said, trying to compose myself.

"Same, I'm alright. Thanks." Sirius said with a smile, clearly much better at acting than me.

Aunt Hazel smiled and turned around, heading back inside. Sirius and I both laughed when the door closed.

"Why does that keep happening to us?" He asked with a smile.

"I'm pretty sure it's your fault." I said jokingly.

"And I'm pretty sure it's because of you."

"I guess we'll just have to ask whoever walks in on us next time, then." I told him, moving back towards him and kissing him again.

a/n: So,,,,,,,,,,,, We're reigniting that spark between Rose and Sirius, how do y'all feel about that? I think it's cute, but I know what's going to happen, so I can't really say much about it

And yk what I'm about to say now :/ Vote and comment if you liked this chapter, and I'll upload more soon!