Pretty Boy

As I lay on the couch in Sirius' lap, drawing the flower vase on the coffee table beside us, he whispered "You're missing a leaf on that one".

"Would you like your own sketchbook? Or even just a piece of paper?" I turned my head and asked him.

"No, I'm no artist."

"Then shhhh." I said, placing my finger on his lips. 

"And that one's got too many petals." He said jokingly.

"I'm going to go sit over there if you don't stop." I told him with a giggle. 

"Then I guess I'll just have to make sure you can't get up." He said playfully as he wrapped his legs around me and squeezed his arms around my chest.

He let go a few seconds later when the doors opened behind us. The library doors are heavy and loud, so we had a warning that my aunt was walking in so we could move apart from each other.

"Good morning." She said cheerfully while she walked over to the couch where Sirius and I were sitting. 

"Good morning, Aunt Hazel." I said.

"I'm going into town to check up on the shop. Do either of you need anything?" She asked.

"I'm fine, thank you, Hazel." Sirius told her. 

"I'm good too." I added politely.

"Alright, well, I'll be gone for a few hours at least. You two are good here?"

"Yes, we're fine." I said. 

She seemed suspicious of the two of us, so subtly I moved away from Sirius a bit more.

"Why are you wearing a turtleneck, Rose?" She asked, gesturing to my sweater. 

"It's January." I said, as if I had no idea why she was asking.

"Are you sure you're not hiding anything?" Aunt Hazel said, insinuating that Sirius had left a mark on my neck. He had, of course, but she didn't know that for sure. 

"Hiding what?" I said, still playing innocent.

"Let me see your neck." 

"Alright." 

I pulled down the neck of my sweater, revealing nothing but a small gold chain around my neck. Sirius was looking at me while I did it, but turned away, hiding a smile once he saw there was nothing. 

"Alright, I'll be on my way." Aunt Hazel said, turning around to leave.

"What did you think was under there?" I asked her. 

"I'll be on my way." She repeated without looking back at us. "Be good while I'm gone."

She closed the doors and we heard her footsteps walk across the house. When we heard the front door close, Sirius turned back around to face me. 

"Episkey?" He asked.

I nodded. "You're welcome. She would have killed you if I didn't." 

"That's alright. As long as I've got you, I'm not afraid to die."  

I smiled, then placed my pencil and my sketchbook on the coffee table and moved back over to sit with him. I sat back on his lap, facing him this time, though. He was looking at my legs as I positioned them around him. When he looked back up, he pulled me closer to him and we kissed.

He pulled my sweater off, then started moving his kisses down to my neck. I pulled away slightly, but enough for Sirius to stop for a second. 

"Not the neck." I told him.

"I thought you liked it." He said. 

"I do, but I don't like putting a healing spell on myself every time you do it so that you don't get kicked out." I explained. 

"Fine. You wear a lot of sweaters, right?"

"Yeah." I said as he moved even farther down and started kissing my chest.

He barely made it past my necklace when we heard the front door open. It gave us quite the shock as it had only been a few minutes since my aunt left, and we were definitely not expecting her back so soon. Both of us quickly pulled away, and I grabbed my sweater and hurried to tuck it back into my skirt. I grabbed my sketchbook again in case she came back in to the library.

After a few seconds, the library door opened behind and Aunt Hazel was rushing in, holding one hand behind her back. 

"Rose." She said, holding out a newspaper. 

ESCAPED MURDERER CAUGHT AT LAST

"Holy shit." Sirius muttered.

"Language, Sirius." Aunt Hazel corrected him. 

"Sorry."

I was too stunned at the news to even laugh at Sirius. The last month has been filled with fear, and now all of that is over.

"Does this mean I can go back to Hogwarts?" I asked. I never thought I would be this happy to go back to school, but here we are.

"It does. I'll send a letter to your headmaster right now. If all goes well, you should be back at school by next week."

I could barely contain my excitement. In just a week, Sirius and I could be back at school, reunited with all of our friends. It may not seem like a cause for this much joy, but it's all I've thought about for over a month. 

a/n: So, this chapter was definitely more filler, but yay cus Rose and Sirius are going to get to go back to Hogwarts! And then I can write new chapters that aren't just Sirius and letters to Lily

Also, I checked, and basically we're about a third, maybe halfway into the story, so there's a little something in case you wanted to know. Anyways, I hope you like the story so far, and I'll try to upload more chapters soon :)