August

A new school year. A new start. New everything. I could forget about everything that happened over the last year and become a new version of myself. 

I arrived back home from America a few days ago, and now I'm back, ready to go back to Hogwarts. 

As I boarded the Hogwarts Express for the first time this year, I felt a set of hands cover my eyes from behind, followed by a familiar voice asking "Guess Who?".

"Is it Lily, by any chance?" I asked. 

"You got it!" She said. "How was your summer, love?" 

I thought about Anita and Marina, and all the time I spent in America reminiscing with old friends. Then, I thought about Regulus and how he showed up for a day and was gone by morning. 

"It was great." I said, mostly telling the truth. "I had a lot of fun back home. What about you?"

"It was so fun, I hung out with James a lot, and then Sirius was staying at his house, so I hung out with him too."

"Guess who?" Said another familiar voice from behind me with their hands over my eyes. 

"Hello, Marlene." I said. "How are you?"

"I'm good! How did you know it was me?" She asked, taking her hands off of my face and then walking beside me and Lily. 

"I'm just too smart." I said jokingly.

"Clearly." She responded.

"How was your summer, Marlene?" Lily asked her. 

"Oh, it was so fun! I spent so much time with Dorcas, we were together almost every day. What about you two?"

Again, I thought of what happened with Regulus over the summer. I though about how August slipped away into a moment of time. I guess it was never mine. 

Lily answered first. "Mine was great!"

"Same. Mine was good. A little lonely, though. " I sort of joked. "You guys didn't send me any letters over the summer."

"Oh my Merlin." Marlene said. "I am so sorry, I was just so busy and I forgot to send you anything." 

"I'm just kidding." I laughed. "I had fun, even though I didn't hear much from you guys." 

Marlene let out a sigh of relief, happy I wasn't mad at her or anything. 

"Plus, we're all back now. We have a whole year to catch up in person instead of by a stupid little letter."

a/n: Look at me posting so quickly after the last chapter

a/n: Look at me posting so quickly after the last chapter. I'm honestly on a roll right now. I'm honestly just trying to finish this story so I can work on Philophobia, and then eventually start a new one, but I'm also trying to make this story good. It's a weird balance. 

But whatever, I'll be back soon with a new chapter. I'm trying to post every day so hopefully I'll post again then.