Middle Of Somewhere

"Another letter, dear." Aunt Hazel said, startling me as I didn't hear her walk in because I was wrapped up in my drawing.

I put my sketchbook down on my bed with my pen in between the pages like a bookmark.

"From who?" I asked, walking over to the door.

"From whom." She corrected me. She loves doing that. "And it's from that Lily girl."

I let out an excited squeal when she said that. I grabbed the letter and rushed to my desk to find a letter opener or something similar.

"That's 2 letters from her in 2 weeks, Miss Evans really cares about you." Aunt Hazel commented.

"Well of course, she's my best friend." I smiled.

"Clearly." She said. She turned around, closing my bedroom door behind her.

I turned around, going back to the letter and excitedly opening the envelope. I pulled the paper out and moved the envelope over to the side. I always keep the envelope when there's a pretty seal, it's something I've done since I was little. I picked it up from my mother, as I did with several other habits of mine.

Dear Rose,

Winter break is officially over now, and you're still at home. I know it's for the best, but it's still so sad. It just isn't the same without you here, and I'm not the only one who thinks so. At least you're not alone, though.

Regulus told us that Sirius has been staying with you for the last week or so. Why didn't you tell me? Regulus says you confirmed that Sirius is with you in a letter you sent to him, but you didn't tell me and Marlene anything about it. I thought we could tell each other anything.

I know you're stranded in the middle of somewhere and you're going through a lot, so I'm not blaming you. You've had to grow up pretty fast over the last few years of your life. I guess good things just never last.

Also, there's something I haven't told you too. James and I are getting pretty serious. I won't go into detail, but it's what you're thinking. This is definitely not something I would normally tell someone through a letter, but here we are.

Anyways, write back if you can, and I'll write too. I'm also trying to get everyone else to write to you, so maybe be prepared for at least 5 more letters arriving at your house in the next few days! Love you, and I hope you can come back to school soon!

Your friend, Lily

Shit. I forgot about Regulus. I didn't want to tell anyone else about Sirius staying here, but I did want to make sure he knew his brother was safe. I didn't think about the fact that he could tell everyone about it.

And now things are weird between me and Sirius again, so if we go back anytime soon, it would just be extra weird.

But, I do feel so bad about not telling her. Lily is right, she's my best friend and we tell each other everything. I feel so guilty now that she found out because of Regulus.

I pulled out a piece of paper and a quill from my deask drawer. Obviously I was going to respond to any letter that I received, but now felt even more important.

I dipped the quill into the ink bottle on my desk, and started to write back.

Dear Lily,

I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about Sirius. I haven't asked him if he's okay with me telling anyone he's here yet, and I didn't want to tell anyone without his permission, but I still wanted to tell Regulus that his brother was safe with me. I didn't think about Regulus coming back to school at all. I promise I would have told you sometime, I swear. I'm so sorry that you had to find out this way, I really am.

But since I'm already on the subject, there is something else. Sirius and I kissed a few days ago. It's not the first time we've kissed, but when we left, we agreed to be friends again and now I think I've messed this all up. It's only been 2 weeks, but now I'm somewhere far away from where I started with no point of return. I don't know what to do now, and things are all awkward between Sirius and I again.

I need some advice because feel like I'm going crazy right now. With all the drama that's gone on with me, Sirius, and Regulus, half of which you don't even know about since I promised not to tell, I feel as if I'm losing my mind. And being stuck at home isn't helping at all.

I really do miss you, and I hope I can come back and see everyone again. Please write back, if you accept my apology. I love you, and again, I'm so sorry for not telling you about Sirius.

- Rose

I folded the letter and placed it in an empty envelope, writing the address and preparing to have it sent to Lily. As an extra touch, I took a small daisy from the vase on my desk, and placed it on the back of the envelope. I melted some wax and poured it on top of the daisy, careful not to cover the flower completely, and pressed down with my rose stamp.

After the wax hardened, I took the letter and started to walk downstairs, ready to send it out.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I saw Sirius leaving the kitchen, and presumably walking back to his room. I don't know what it was, maybe it was just writing the letter and admitting so many new things, but I felt the urge to try and talk to him to break some of the recent tension between us.

"Hey." I said. "Can we talk for a second? Just about like, everything?"

"Uh, yeah, sure." Sirius responded.

"Maybe, um, somewhere my aunt won't hear us."

"Yes, of course." He said.

"Great."

I put the letter down on a table by the front door quickly, and then walked upstairs to Sirius' room.

a/n: So how are we feeling rn? Drama ramping up in the story, and of course it's not a chapter of Symphony without tension between Rose and Sirius

Sorry for the maybe weird ending of this chapter, but it's like directly setting up the next one, so I was a little unsure how to end it. But whatever, I'll post a new chapter within the next few days and hopefully this chapter ending won't matter.

Vote on this chapter if you liked it, and please recommend this story to anyone who might like it, I'm really trying to spread this story and get new readers. Anyways, I'll see you soon when I upload a new chapter, bye!