Chapter Fifty Four

Ginny's stomach got bigger and bigger. Harry liked to rest his hand on it, and whisper to the baby, calling by the name he wanted just to annoy Ginny. She'd roll her eyes every single time, but also would rest her hand upon his, and he'd rub his thumb across the top of her hand.

Teddy had shown signs of magic in the last few years. He made candy and things come down from shelves that were much too high, and also was able to climb and swing from the very tops of the windows without help. Victorie was a bit more dainty; around shell cottage, she made flowers grow, and somehow, different animals would be attracted to her.

Six months into her pregnancy, Ginny had finally managed to find a job. It had been long and grueling, for nothing really could rival the thrill she from playing quidditch. Even Harry was amazed when he came home from work, rubbing his just-mended arm he had broke from chasing a thief through Knocturn Alley, and Ginny told him about the job she had accepted.

"I'm going to work for the Daily Prophet." She told him happily, before he had even gotten a foot in the door. He stared at her quizzically. It didn't seem like something Ginny would like very much.

"I know, it's kind of strange." She bit her lip at the sight of him. "But it's actually quite perfect; I'd be able to work from home, so I wouldn't have to take maternity leave, that would just drive me crazy, and..." She looked deep into those Emerald eyes. It was a bit funny, to see Harry so puzzled. "Is that okay?"

Harry smiled after a few moments, and pressed his lips to hers. She smiled underneath them. At the sound of Teddy fake-retching, he pulled away, and nodded.

"It's your choice Gin. And it's probably what's best for James."

Ginny's smile was wiped away, and she turned to shout "It might not be a boy!" As Harry laughed and went to go change.
*************************************

Months later, after the couple had relentlessly argued, Harry, Ginny and Teddy moved into a two story house in Godric's Hollow.

"Harry, it just feels so expensive." Was Ginny's argument, even though they had more than enough money. In the end, it was good, because their old apartment only had two bedrooms. She didn't want to tell Harry this, but she felt a deep, burning guilt at having such an expensive home, and she couldn't even explain it.

They had just finished moving all of their stuff, whilst Teddy climbed on floating boxes, clung to Ginny's legs, jumped up and down constantly, sang gleeful songs, when the clock down at the old church chimed 10 times. Listening to the old, faint ring, Harry got a distinct memory of coming here with Hermione...when the war was going on, visiting his parents. His parents....

His vision blurred slightly. With all the work, concentrating on moving things in, watching Teddy, he hadn't really stopped to think long enough for the rumbling dread, sadness and excitement that mixed in him to consume his brain. He was so close to his parents. He would be close to them, every day now.

He barely heard as Ginny called to him that she was putting Teddy to bed, barely heard Teddy voicing his happiness about his new room, complete with a golden bedspread covered in stitched snitches, knitted by His grandmother.

The air outside was crisp and heavy with the smell of dew as he left out the front porch. He took a minute to stare at the two story house. It was quite big, a pleasant stone gray color with white shutters. He stuffed his hands in his jeans pockets, wishing he didn't have to go to work in an hour, regretting taking the night shift for the next few weeks.

His feet carried him down the cobblestone road, and he closed his eyes lightly, listening to the sound of his pounding footsteps and the sound of a few muggle teenagers laughing. His eyes flashed open by instinct, remembering mere six years ago, (had it really been that long?, he wondered) when he had come here before, when the earth and trees were covered with snow.