Chapter Five: Hogsmede

* Ginny P.O.V *

As we all made our way down the hallways, we heard a shout from behind us.

"Guys! Wait up!" I heard Harry groan beside me, and Hermione scowled. I admit, Vanessa is super annoying. Not annoying enough to hex, but still, annoying. She's really nice to me though.

She caught up to us, panting slightly. She was wearing a purple miniskirt. A freaking miniskirt.

"Don't you think you'll be cold?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"Oh no," she giggled, throwing her hair over her shoulder. She was also wearing a pink tank top, that must've been at least three sizes too small. It don't cover her stomach entirely, and most certainly could not contain her ginormous boobs. It looked as though her shirt was going to rip right open.

"Alrighttt..." I said dragging the word. "Let's go."

Hermione pulled Ron up to the front, walking much faster than normal. Vanessa ran to catch up.

Harry looked at me.

"She needs a new shirt."

"Definately." I giggled. We jogged to catch up with the rest of the group.

***

I kicked open the door to the three broomsticks, as everyone else followed. I got a blast of hot air and a wiff of butterbeer. I inhaled deeply.

"You guys find a table," I called to Ron, Hermione, and Vanessa. "Harry and I will get the drinks."

The others shrugged, Hermione still scowling and holding onto Ron for dear life. I noticed that they picked a booth with two sides, and Hermioneand Ron sat in one, and Vanessa squashed herself next to Ron.

"Man, it's steaming in here." I said, twisting my hair in a knot. Harry shook it out and out his arms around my waist.

"Man, you're steaming," he replied, grinning ear to ear. I pressed my lips to his. Our too he's intertwining. I loved the way he always tasted and smelt, like cinnamon and chocolate, like a faint treacle tart. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pulled me closer.

"OI! ARE YOU TWO GOING TO ORDER THE DRINKS OR JUST SNOG IN PUBLIC!?" Ron yelled, from all the way across the restaurant. I glared at him as harry turned bright scarlet.

"I swear I'll hex that boy someday." I snarled, grabbing three butterbeers. Harry, still red, took the other two over to the table.

"Bloody snogging in public." Ron snarled, snatching his butterbeer.

"It's not like you and Hermione don't snog!" I started. I noticed that at my words, Vanessa's eyes hardened and she glared at Hermione.

"No! Not in public!" He yelled. Hermione put her hand on his arm, and he calmed down.

"Well," started Vanessa, smiling at Ron. "I think it's so sweet that he's protecting you Ginny." I stared at her. What the hell?!

Then suddenly a switch flicked on in my brain. Of course! It explained her always following us, always asking where Ron was, always sitting by him, laughing at him. Vanessa liked Ron.

I smirked. Well, that sucked for her. Ron was so deep in love with Hermione, he had eyes for nobody else.

***

* Vanessa's P.O.V *

Ugh. Ron simply would. Not. Notice. Me.

I mean well, he noticed me, but he didn't notice me. I wore this super uncomfortable miniskirt so he would notice my butt. (I was very proud of my butt. I had worked out for countless hours, no charm work at all, all natural) and I wore this too small shirt for him as well, to show off my boobs. Those were all natural as well.

Grr.

If it wasn't for that stupid Hermione! Granted, she was kind of pretty, what with her curly hair, and her long lashes and clear complexion. But honestly, she had nothing on me. She didn't have a tenth of the shape I do. And, I thought I was much prettier.

Oh, yes, she was smart. Very smart. But I played quidditch. Once the season started, I'd be on the team, and she wouldn't be there, there would be lots of time with Ron and I, where she wasn't there....

God, he was so hot. His smooth ginger hair, swept across his forehead, and his light blue eyes, his freckles, dotting his nose like cinnamon on cream. And his biceps oh. I needed to feel them.

I had to break them up. I had to. I HAD TO!

***

My tankard of butterbeer was empty. It was delicious, and calmed me down. I needed to stay smooth, I needed to stay flirty. I needed to call attention to myself. Didn't my sister teach me all if this?!

I pulled my shirt down a bit, covering my stomach, but exposing my boobs a little more. Nobody was looking at me. Ugh. I tapped Ron's shoulder. I felt his muscle. Oohhhhhhhhh.

"Hey," I simpered, pulling my best smile. "This is so good, can we get more?"

He turned around. His eyes nearly popped our of his sockets. Good. I grinned flirtatiously at him, turning my charm on full blast.

"Er- yeah," he said, turning away. I tried not to pout.

"I'll go get us more," Harry said, standing up.

I scooted closer to Ron as Harry left with my tankard. If I moved just an inch closer, we would be touching, like him and Hermione.

I didn't move though. Action is not the first step. I needed to break them up first. After Hogsmede, I needed to work out a smooth plan. In the meantime, I needed to flirt, smile, flirt, twirl my hair, flirt, wear skimpy clothes, flirt, flirt and flirt.

***

* Harry P.O.V *

I reached the counter, waiting for Rosmerta. Suddenly, I heard someone call my name. I whipped around.

It was Cho Chang.

Her long black hair was in a plait on the side of her head, wearing a Three Broomsticks robe and on the other side of the counter.

"Cho- you- you work here?"

"Yes." She smiled at me, "it's nice to see you." She bit her lip.

"Yeah, er, you too..." I said rather untruthfully. She beamed.

"What can I get you?"

"Five butterbeers please."

Her eyes wandered to our table.

"Oh." She looked down. "You're still dating Ginny Weasley then."

"Er, yeah I am..."

"Oh, I'll get your drinks,"

When we left, I saw Cho give me a longing glance as I walked out the door, hand in hand with Ginny.

***