Chapter Sixteen: You Arse Ronald

* Harry's P.O.V *

Hermione slept in the hospital wing that night, fingers intertwined with Ron's her head on his cold chest, breaths moving together.

Ginny and I finally left, well after midnight, hand in hand, tip-toeing down the corridors.

When we finally reached the portrait hole, gave the password (Golden Snidget), and climbed into the common room, it was mercifully empty. The dying fire still shimmered, bright red coals gleaming along with the low flames. The full moon casted a bright shadow on a couch, where Ginny and I sat.

She rested her head on my shoulder. I rubbed her back. I was never good at these things, so we sat in silence for the longest time.

Finally, in a choked voice, Ginny asked,

"Do you think he will be okay?"

To tell the truth, I didn't know. It wasn't probable. But I couldn't tell the truth. No matter how much her and Ron fight and argue, she loves him.

"'Course."

She blinked hard.

"Gin," I whispered, running my thumb along her hand. "Its okay. You can cry."

A single tear leaked out of her eye. I stared at her face, taking in how truly beautiful she really was. Her long, red hair cascading down her back, her deep, chocolate eyes, with their long, wet lashes. Freckles dotted her nose and cheeks pleasntly. Her lips were soft, and pink and smooth.

I pressed a kiss to them.

We stayed for a moment, just kissing, nothing more, until she bit my lip, and I ran my tounge along her lips. She gave a shuddering breath, and lay her head on my chest.

"Sorry."

We lay, she dozing off a little, our breathing rythmic and even. Her eyelids dropped. Her hair was bunched and fanned behind her, splayed our on my chest.

"Gin?" I said softly.

"Hm?" She asked, content, snuggling into me.

"I love you."

A soft smile played along her lips.

"I love you too."

***

The next few days were hard without Ron, cynical and moody, yes, but he always gave us a laugh.

Hermione rarely left his bedside.

Only for lessons.

Ginny and I brought food up to the hospital wing, much to Madame Pomfrey's displeasure, and ate there, Hermione reading, Ginny and I talking softly.

Hermione, no matter what she was doing, always held Ron's hand, fingers locked together. If she could, I thought, she's probably never let it go (A/N 💕)

***

On the sixth day of Ron being unconscious, during our dinner, clustered up by his bed, Ron's hand twitched.

Hermione shrieked, discarded her book, and took his hand with both of hers. Her knuckles were white.

Ron's eyes fluttered.

"Blimey," he said thickly.

Hermione half-laughed, half-sobbed, and flung herself ontop of him.

"'Mione," he said gruffly. "I'm alright."

"You remember me!" She sobbed again, voice muffled by his chest.

"Of course I remember you! Blimey! What's happened?!" Ginny had also wrapped Ron in a hug.

"Why....am I in the hospital wing?" He asked, bemused. I let out a laugh.

"Mate, you don't remember anything about the quidditch match?" I asked tentatively. Both girls pulled away, staring anxiously at him.

"Quidditch match?" He looked down. "Why am I wearing my quidditch robes?!"

Ginny explained all about the match, the bludger, and Ron's six days of absense.

"Bloody hell...I don't want to even think about my homework."

Gin and I laughed, but Hermione stared at him anxiously.

"Ron?" She asked voice high. "Listen, I wanted to apologize..."

"C'mon," I muttered to Ginny quickly standing up. "Let's take a walk."

We hurried out.

***

* Hermione's P.O.V *

"I wanted to apologize about not believing you." I said quickly, hoping against hope he would forgive me. "I was being stupid, I was being angry, I don't even know, and you're probably really upset..."

"Hermione," he stopped me croakily. I stared at his pale face.

"It's alright."

I lay down on his chest, not satisfied with his answer.

"I love you. I just hate fighting!"

"Well, we've got a lot to learn. But God knows we're worth it."

I sighed contently.

"I missed you. I really did."

He smiled at me.

"Don't you ever do that to me again! You arse Ronald Weasley."

He simply stared at me, the cutest expression on his face.

"You scared me to bloody death."

"Now you're just sounding like me."

"Well," I said simply, holding his hand. "That's alright with me."

***

A/N:

People are abandoning this fic😭

I can see each chapter getting less and less reads😔

Lol ✌️👊

What do you want in the next few chapters? More Hinny? More Romione? Another ship like Nuna or Bleur?