Chapter Forty Three

Ginny grabbed Harry's arm, stumbling over her billowing dress and large heels.

Behind them was a fury of bright lights and smoke. Dark, cloaked masked figures marched behind them, chanting rhythmically.

Bring the Dark Lord back.
Avenge the Dark Lord.

It had seemed, that the ministry had failed at imprisoning all the remaining death eaters from the battle.

Harry shoved Ginny at Hermione, heart pounding, his instincts kicking in.

"Go to the tent, Hermione, do the protective charms that you did when we were hunting horcruxes! Gather the guests...Teddy...oh...shit!"
Harry's mind raced, thinking of a thousand people and a thousand things at once.

Hermione nodded and panicky but bossily started yelling for everyone to follow her. Ginny however shook her head.

"Harry, I'm not just going to sit back in the tent while you and my family and friends are in danger!"

"I'm not letting you-"

"I don't think you have a ch-" her sentence was cut off by a large bang behind her. There were fifteen, maybe twenty masked figures firing spells at the guests, all of whom were sprinting to the tent. Harry spied Teddy's bright hair in the crowd. His frantic breath caught as he groped for his godson, finding his little hand and yanking him to his chest. His head swiveled wildly to find someone, Luna, Neville, Mrs. Weasley, anyone that he knew and trusted to take Teddy to the tent, but he saw nobody.

A jet of green light narrowly missed Harry's head. Thinking fast and blurred, he stowed Teddy in a nearby flutter bush next to the table set with food for the reception.

"Sit tight. Don't move. Please. There are some bad people Harry needs to get rid of. I love you."

Then he ruffled the leaves, concealing Teddy before he could ask what was happening. Another curse shot past Harry, hitting the wedding cake, which burst into flames. Harry drew his wand out, firing spells at the people draped in black.

One turned, one with large arms and a shuffling gait. Harry shot knives from the tip of the holly wand, something he had learned from Auror training. The death eater dissolved it in a wave of his wand. Harry spit out balls of flaming fire, but the death eater washed them away with jets of water.

Harry struck him with the sectumsempra spell. A large gash cut through the man's arm, spurting dark red blood. The death eater roared with anger, and shot Harry's wand out of his hand. There was no way he could turn around to get it. It disappeared into a bush.

Harry ducked another curse, as he ran towards the man, having no other choice. Caught by suprise, the death eater lowered his wand, and Harry knocked him to the ground, feeling his hot and smelly breath on his neck.

He ripped off the mask in rage.

It was Goyle. He had a beard now, and he was distinctly uglier, but all the same it was Goyle.

"What do you want?!" Harry snarled, ripping the thick wand out of his stubby fingers, and pointing it at his neck. Goyle just smiled insanely.

"The Dark Lord disappeared once Potter. An' e' came back. We came to find him again."

"He's gone!" Harry laughed, a boiling hatred for him rising. "We defeated him, his horcruxes are destroyed-"

"Then we'll avenge him!" Goyle shouted, voice booming over the whole field. "We'll avenge him and take from Potter what he loves, because Potter took our life away!"