Chapter Twenty Six: A Romantic Guesture

* Neville's P.O.V* (again oops)

My mouth stretched into a yawn, eyes red puffy and aching, as I closed yet another book.

Not only had I read the one on Wrackspurts Luna gave me, but I also checked out, Proof of the Crumple-Horned-Snorkak, How to Catch a Nargle, and Fifty Thousand Creatures That The Ministry Refuses to Classify.

I had loved every last word

Even the stuff that sounded like nonsense, I loved.

I closed my heavy eyes as I laid down on my four poster bed, a room to myself, in a small corridor on the third floor.

It was strangely quiet without Ron's snores.

I began to drift away as I thought of all the happiness being with Luna brought me.

True, we hadn't been together for a long time.

But her clear face, beautiful without needing makeup, her innocent and sweet nature, her long, flowing locks...

She had always picked me up when I was sad, always made me smile, and only had to just be herself.

But I doubted she really knew what she meant to me.

A last thought drifted to me before sleep overcame my body.

I was going to tell her, without stammering, how much I loved her.

And maybe, she would say it too

***

I scanned the hallways, searching for the bright blonde hair.

I spotted her, at the end of the corrior, skipping off towards Ravenclaw tower.

"Luna!" I called, though I doubted she would hear me.

Pushing through the crowd, I reached her just before she knocked on the eagle knocker that must've been the entrance to the Ravenclaw common room.

"Neville!" She said pleasntly. I could hear Ravenclaws mumbling, tiptoeing to see who was blocking the door.

"I have a surprise for you," I told her, biting my tounge so I didn't stammer.

"Really!? I love surprises!"

"Yeah, no peeking now-"

"You might want to blindfold me," she said seriously, leaning against the door.

"In case I peek,"

"Er, yeah, okay," I agreed as the crowd began to moan, complain, and even push us.

Luna lead me away from the crowd as she pulled a spare cloak out of her bag.

"Tie it around my eyes," she instructed, holding it up.

I nervously knotted it, my fingers catching her hair occasionally, worried about tying it too tight unless I hurt her.

She spun around.

"I can't see a thing!" Then she held out her hand.

"Lead me,"

I took it in mine, interlocked our fingers, and set off down the hallway. She followed like a giddy little girl. She was absolutely adorable.

I followed the exact instructions Harry had given me, finally reaching the painting of the fruit bowl, the one with the large, green pear.

I outstretched a hand, ticked it, and as it giggled, so did Luna. Her hand was still in mine.

The door swung open, and I untied Luna's blindfold.

Everything was exactly how I had planned, a small table in the middle of the kitchen, large chrysanthemums along the chairs, candles floating over head.

"Oh, Neville, it's so beautiful!" She gushed, blue eyes wide. "It's like we are on a date."

"We are." I said, blushing.

"That's nice," she smiled and sat down.

Two elves brought us a ham, and we both thanked them, and dug in.

After the courses were finished, most accompanied by Luna describing the latest hunt for the Crumple-Horned-Snorkak she went on with her father, we had come to pudding.

"Uh, Luna..." I began. "Earlier this week...you...you said you were my girlfriend?"

"Yes," she smiled "if that's okay with you."

"It is," I said quickly, "In fact, I've loved you since...well...since I've met you,"

I didn't want to think about how red I must be. Luna just smiled at me.

"Neville, you're very nice. And brave. I think I love you too."

"You think?"

"Well, actually, I know."

***

"Thanks for the dinner Neville, it was excellent,"

"Yeah, anytime..."

"How is your job application going?"

"Er...really well..."

"That's good," she tilted her head, thinking. "I could get you a good luck charm if you wanted."

"That...that'd be awesome."

She smiled, and kissed me sweetly on the cheek.

As she turned to leave, my brain numbed and I called out.

"You missed!"

She turned, confused.

"Missed what?"

"I...you...you missed..." My stammers died away.

I looked down, but was surprised when she pressed her lips to mine, only for a short second.

"I think I got it this time."

Then she waved, and was gone.

***

* Ginny's P.O.V *

This Hogsmede visit was quite unlike any we had this year.

For one, Harry and I were going alone.

Second, behind us, Hermione and Vanessa were giggling and talking loudly, completely friendly.

I preferred it this way.

Harry and I twisted down the road as the others entered Honeydukes.

I had won a heated debate over whether or not to go into Madame Puddifuts or not, Harry hated it, but we had never been there together.

Just as Harry turned to speak to me, there was a bang of sparks from someone behind us, a few yells, and I was engulfed in smoke.

***

A/N: bold doesn't work UrGlEuRgLe

Cliffhanger 😄