Chapter Thirty One

Dear lovely readers

I am currently freaking out.

My fanfic has 10K reads.

😱😭

You're the bomb.com

*Hermione's P.O.V*

I rummaged through my bag, sweating as I pulled out notes and read lines from books. This was N.E.W.T testing. I had to be prepared and composed.

Right now, I was the exact opposite.

Nothing seemed to calm me as I waited for the clock to show hit 3:00. I twitched. I bit my lip so hard I tasted bitter blood. I couldn't stand it. I read over my notes again and again.

What if I did awful, and they kicked me out?! Not of Hogwarts, but the wizarding world too?!

I had to remind myself that that's not possible.

As I left, finally, to the exam room, I felt a tiny slip of parchment in my pocket.

I pulled it out, curious. I immediately noticed Ron's messy scrawl. I smiled.

'Mione- just remember, it's leviOsa, not leviosA.

You'll be fine. You always are.

Love, Ron.

For some reason, this note of all things, though small and silly, was what calmed me. I took my charms exam with no hyperventilating, no twitching. I was calm and confident.

All I could do now was cross my fingers.

***

I hadn't talked to Ginny, Harry, Vanessa or even Ron for several days. I was studying so hard, nose pressed into every book I could find, taking notes on anything and everything i thought may be helpful.

I needed to get as many N.E.W.T.s as possible. I still didn't know what I wanted to be, which sent another fresh wave of anxiety and worry over me. I'd been so focused on the battle, on surviving, that I'd not given my career a second thought.

I honestly hadn't thought I'd live to have a career.

Now that the time came, I was flipping though the pamphlets that I'd saved since fifth year, actually having tears start in my eyes.

It was O.W.L.s all over again, except magnified by ten.

For the first time in my life, I wanted to get away from tests, from studying, I wanted to just lay back and sleep.

***

Exams were tough, I had to admit. I'd stressed, I'd cried, I'd worried, I'd worked. But now it was over.

I didn't have to worry about anything anymore. I lay late into the night, for the first time in what seemed like forever, snuggled against Ron's chest, head tucked into the crook of his neck, half asleep.

He was tracing circles around my back, talking quietly with Harry. I was half asleep, eyes closing as though with weights attached.

Suddenly, I shot bolt upright, remembering something.

"Ron!" I shouted in alarm. A few people looked at us, bemused.

"My parents!" I was frantic with worry. "Oh my- I forgotten about them, this whole time! Oh, I'm a terrible daughter!" A tear leaked out of my eye.

"Shhh...you're not!" He protested, still looking surprised. "First thing when we get out of Hogwarts, we will get them, I promise."

"When we get out ?" I asked increduously. "Ron, we have to get them now!"

He looked up, clearly unsettled.

"'Mione, don't be ridiculous, we can't get them now-"

"Why not! Exams are done! What else do I need to stay for?!"

"Hermione," he said soothingly, pulling me down by my arm. "It's okay. We only have two more weeks. We can wait. They're fine. Trust me."

"Okay," I whispered into his chest, finally exhaling.

He hummed a soft tune as I lay in his arms, playing with the strings on his jacket.

He began to mumble a tune under his breath, flicking the strings away playfully so I couldn't reach.

Suddenly I snorted with laughter.

"My my, what a mood swing," he smirked. I felt myself go red.

"Like we haven't been experiencing them from you for the past eight years."

"Oh shut it you," he said, fiddling with my fingers.

We sat in a silent thumb war, me still laying across his lap.

Then suddenly, his ears slightly pink, he swept down and kissed me tenderly.

I had missed his kiss, had missed his warmth, the calm, the safety he brought to me. It felt as though nothing could affect us if we were together.

He smiled and pulled away, though I wished he hadn't. I wished we could've stayed that way forever.

***

A/N: Please tell me if this was considered 'long' enough for y'all.

So, I would like so say that I appreciate criticism. CRITICISM, not insults btw, like your plot sucks or whatever. That's not criticism. That's rude.

I also appreciate suggestions. But there is a fine line between suggestions and telling me how to write my story.

Please refrain from the latter.

SPECIAL SHOUTOUT TO @kisheretoinspire because her comments are so nice and fab like bæ you make my day.

I'm a poet^

Nahh