Chapter Thirty Five (lets retry)

Guess freakin what

Wattpad has booted me out for days and I couldn't update

Pls forgive meh

I love you

Let's try again and cross our fingers it will work

*Third Person P.O.V*

Teddy Lupin had been under the care of Andromeda ever since the battle.

Ever since his parents had died.

Andromeda, his grandma, was all he ever knew. In his little brain, the only thing he knew of his real mother was a vivid pink color.

But in a moment, in one tiny instant Teddy Lupin had lost, again, another caretaker.

Andromeda Tonks died in her sleep, feeling nothing, feeling light, feeling no pain.

But you couldn't say as much for her family.

Nobody had visited the house for two days, and Teddy had cried on end, bored of the dragon stuffed animals in his crib, his stomach rumbling. Finally, Molly Weasley knocked on the door, waiting for an answer. Now that all her children, excepting Ron, who was staying with Hermione for awhile, found herself with a strange realization: she had nothing to do. No children to cuddle. Nobody to take care of. And she had desperately wanted to meet Teddy.

But the happy visit she had been envisioning never happened.

Instead, she entered the unlocked house to the smell of decaying body, and to the sound of a hungry little boy's cries.

Molly immediately, her hands clamped to her mouth, tears of surprise and sadness forming by the corners of her eyes, ran to Teddy's bedroom. There, she saw the blue haired baby, eyes and cheeks red, tears and snot streaming down his cheeks.

The first thing she did was run to the kitchen, sprint back with a box of Leprechaun Cereal, and feed Teddy tenderly, Remus Lupin's words echoing in the back of her mind.

"And as for who'd take care of Ron and Ginny? Well, what do you think I'd do, let them starve?"

Her eyes spilled with salty tears at last, and then, wrapping the now content baby tenderly in a blanket, conjured a dufflebag, flicked her wand, and had his things packing.

She couldn't bear herself to face the body of Andromeda, a woman whom she had barely known, a woman who had helped the battle, a woman who had just died. She sent a message to Arthur through patronus, and consented herself with cuddling the sleeping Teddy until he came.

***

Harry and Ginny were pleasantly surprised when they heard that Teddy was going to be living with them. Of course, Harry had already been planning to apply for Auror training, so Ginny was left with him until at least from noon to ten, while Harry was at the ministry, filling out forms and being interviewed.

So, Ginny had taken to spending the vast majority of her days at the Burrow, leaving Molly with him for long periods of time, where all she did was feed him.

The Burrow had become sort of a regular hangout; it'd transformed from an unusually quiet and eerily sad place for Molly and Arthur to a place full of excitement; Bill and Fluer-whom was very large-stomached and tired-George and his announcement of his girlfriend Angelina, who had moved into the flat ontop of the Weasley Wizard's Wheezeys, Ginny and Teddy of course, and suprisingly, Percy, who had no shame in hugging his mom every once in awhile, telling her he loved her.

Since little Teddy couldn't speak any more than nine simple words- grandma, love, rawr, eat, sleep, duck, stop, read, and pooto, which nobody knew what meant- he had to use another way of communicating who he wanted to hold him and play with him.

His hair would change to match whomever it was, which was fairy easy for Fleur and Angelina, but whenever it was a Weasley, they made a game of it, passing the crying little baby until he was content.

But when his hair turned pink, there was nothing anyone could do about it.

They'd just sit, their happiness dwindling away, and stare at the little Teddy as he added another word to his vocabulary. Pink.

***

Ginny waved goodbye at her family, Teddy tucked safely on his blanket, his little fist clutching the tail of his dragon stuffed animal.

She walked across the glowing, sunset filled field, then apostates directly into her apartment, shushing Teddy and wobbling a bit on her feet.

She felt a small, tiny ache inside, knowing that her mother was a much better parent than she, and was nervous for when, if, she had real kids.

She laid Teddy down in his crib for a bottle, and began to read, the last sliver of the sunset dying away, eyes darting to the clock. Harry said he'd be home by eight.

And just as the hour hand lined up with the cursive eight, Ginny heard a loud crack that made her screech and drop her book.

She whipped around, and there was Harry, smiling broadly, broader than she had remembered in the past few months.

"Gin, I made it in! I head off to Auror training next month!"

Ginny gave a small squeak of excitement. Then, with a little plummeting feeling, she asked,

"How long will you be gone?"

He stared down at the parchment, a small frown on his face.

"Oh...Gin...six months..."

Ginny's face fell.

"Gin, no, I get a day off every two weeks, and Christmas! Please...think of how good this will be! Trust me, I'll be back before you know it!"

Ginny smiled sadly. She didn't want him to leave, but she wanted him to have this dream of his.

"I know. I love you."

He brought her in for a long kiss, reassuring her with his lips like his words couldn't, until he broke away, and gave her the goofiest smile ever. Ginny burst into giggles.

"I'm going to go read to Ted," he said, adjusting his glasses and setting the official looking parchment on the coffee table.

Harry didn't know it, but Ginny watched him read to his godson, snuggled up, doing the different voices for each character, tickling Teddy until he laughed so hard you couldn't hear him.

And then, when they finally fell asleep on Hary and Ginny's bed, she knew, that he was going to be a great father, and that she would never want anyone else to be with on a million years

***

Hay so I had Victorie's birth in this chapter originally but since Wattpad kicked me out and then I went to camp for school I didn't update for so long so I apologize dearly!

ILYSM DONUT HAte MEH