Chapter Forty Eight

*Time skip to Christmas Eve because I'm lazy sorry I love you*

The family gathered around the tree, Hermione on the ground with the new book she had gotten, Ron's arm draped around her, hand on her waist. George and Angelina lay sleepily on the couch, rubbing his hand around the silver ring on her finger. Only Ginny had noticed it. She smirked every time she saw it. She sat on Harry's lap, a snoring Teddy in her arms.

Victorie was sprawled on Fleur's legs, head resting on her six month pregnant belly. She really couldn't hide it anymore; the family congratulated her of course, and Ron's food fell out of his mouth, yelling across the table at Christmas dinner "Again? She's pregnant again?" Fleur got very red at this, and Hermione got very angry, slapping him on the arm. He shut up after that.

Molly came out, carrying a small box, wrapped with gold paper. She smiled, a little sadly as she addressed Harry.

"One more present."

Harry slowly pushed Ginny and Teddy off of his lap, and took the gift from her. Percy shook a dozing Audrey, whom he had finally introduced to the family. They all adored her of course, especially Molly, for she reminded him of a female Fred, but were a little suprised that someone as outgoing and energetic as her would end up as someone as uptight as Percy.

Harry tore the paper carefully. Inside was a white box. He took off the lid.

It was a clock hand. It had his face on it, his jet black hair, his green eyes. Harry stared at it in awe.

"I just thought...since you're officially part of our family now...you'd like to be on the clock." Molly told him hesitantly, analyzing his expression.

Harry burst into tears.

He never really cried in front of people. He might've shed a few tears in front of Hermione and Ron, but he never had bawled. The Dursleys told him it showed weakness; he thought he had lost the ability altogether.

But this, this made him cry like he hadn't before. He had a real family.

"Oh dear," Molly exclaimed, scandalized. "If you don't like it..."

"I love it." He insisted thickly, wiping his eyes. Everyone looked on with mixed emotions and sad smiles as Arthur helped him attach it in Fred's empty space.

He thought it was the best Christmas he had had yet.
***

Christmas had come and went, and Hermione was stressed, for Ron had invited Harry and Ginny over to celebrate the New Year without even consulting her. So she was already upset with him.

Harry and Ginny were dropping Teddy of at Bill and Fleur's, partly because Teddy had been begging to see Victorie, and partly because Fleur told them Victorie had been begging to see Teddy. It worked out quite nicely.

The doorbell rang through the apartment, and Hermione yelled for Ron to open it, slamming the oven door on the smoked salmon she was cooking.

Harry and Ginny emerged, taking off their coats.

"I brought Cinnamon Firewhisky," Ginny said, holding up the bottle. "It sounds strange, but eh."

Hermione nodded, shaking frantically as she set cookies on a decorative tray. Ginny rolled her eyes, and slid into the kitchen, taking Hermione's hand and setting it on the counter. Hermione glared at her, her hair frizzy and her eyes wide.

"You, my friend, look like you need a drink." Ginny took a glass from their cupboard, despite Hermione's protests, and poured her a large amount of alcohol. Hermione took a dainty sip.