Chapter Fifty: Wedding Vows

I guess I want to name my chapters again yay irdk.

Many of Percy Weasley's family members and friends would imagine Percy's wedding almost the exact same way: formal, nothing crazy, simple, traditional suit and tie, with a nice dinner afterwards.

Many of Audrey's family and friends would imagine hers the polar opposite: a famous band, huge cakes, extravagant foods, dresses and decor, a reception with wild dancing and endless firewhiskey to follow.

You'd find, that their ideas complemented eachother very nicely. While many saw them not fit, they were perfect, each one's extreme side balancing the other's.

Percy's wedding vow went a little like explaining just that.

Percy had always had a very hard time expressing feelings of love and affection towards people. Or any feeling really. He shut himself out, ignored when he was wrong, responded to criticism with anger and defiance and pride. So, as you can imagine, the thought of writing a wedding vow was difficult for him.

When he stood up there beside his soon to be wife, in front of his family in a quaint little church, to say it, his fingers trembled, and his voice shook, and he didn't even know why he was so nervous. A million things ran through his mind, things that could go wrong or be screwed up. With a heavy and shuddering sigh, he began to recite.

"I'm not a very good person at this. My little twin brothers sometimes used to tease me, and say that I'm incapable of human feelings. Quite robotic.

I'm very precise. Organized. Anal-retentive. Easily frustrated.

But not Audrey. Oh no, not her. She's creative. Carefree. Humorous, interesting, letting adventure take her. She's like a wildflower, growing rapidly and beautifully, standing out in a meadow full of tiny daisies, all the same.

My family expected me to marry someone like me. Planned on it even. But I could never. Audrey, my love, I promise I'll always be here, because while our personalities contrast in ways nobody but us could ever imagine, but she's everything I want, and everything I need."

Audrey was in tears. Percy was in tears. Molly was in tears. Hermione was in tears. Even Ginny was glassy eyed. It was the wedding everyone dreamed of.
And more importantly, Percy and Audrey were now officially married. She was a Weasley
***
George and Angelina's wedding however, three months later, was a very different ordeal.

George first off, didn't have a best man. He couldn't bear to give that honor to anyone except his twin, which was obviously not an option.

He spent hours upon hours upon hours upon hours trying to write a wedding vow, a little tiny speech. Part of the reason was because he didn't know where to begin.

He wanted to be funny, say something to lighten the mood. But he couldn't come up with anything. He drew a blank.

In the end, months later, he stood in his violently red tux, that his mother had cried about, up in front of the crowd, gathered in silver chairs.

"I had a twin brother once. He was my other half. I was never prepared for life without him, because I never even thought of it. It was always Gred and Forge.

When he was gone, I was suppressed with a sadness I never thought I could get out of. Until I met her."

Angelina smiled, long and thick dark wavy hair waving in the wind.

"She didn't replace him, nobody could. But she filled a hole in my life. She filled it with her beautiful smile, her dark hair and so much more. She's the light at the end of the dark and depressing tunnel. And to her I am forever grateful. I love you, Angelina Johnson." He winked at her and whispered.

"Soon to be Weasley,"
***

Hermione stared at Ron, disgruntled.

"What?" He asked, reading her angry expression at once, her haughtily folded arms and frizzy hair, the fact that her nose wasn't in a book.

She squinted her eyes.

"Nothing."

When Ron turned the light off, confused and sad, Hermione bit her lip, not sure why she wanted to cry.

She hated what she was feeling. She should be grateful, for how he had saved her in those months after the war, how he had lived with her and loved her.

But he had shown no signs of wanting to get married, to move their relationship further. They had been dating for years and years. They were the last ones.

For some reason, she felt unwanted and ungrateful and overall sucky.

She eventually fell asleep.
***

I suck for not updating sorry sorry sorry I suck I suck I suck

Y'all should check out my rant book bc it's cool ig except there's like a 86 comment argument on one of the chapters so yehs.