Chapter Forty Seven

The months passed by quickly. March came and went, and Bill and Fleur had yet to make their announcement to the family. Fleur felt uncomfortable, having another baby already, even though Bill told her millions of times that it was two years apart, which was plenty.

Harry however, who thought he was on the road to recovery from the battle, nightmares and flashbacks long, long behind him, seemed to get only worse. His Auror missions were bringing back things he didn't want to see, and there were some nights when he sobbed into his pillow when he saw a man with a long white beard fall many feet down, when he remembered the light leaving a certain pair of beetle black eyes, when he heard the whisper of an elf's voice. "Harry Potter..."

Ginny tried to do everything she could to help him; distracting him with helping her practice with quidditch, cooking, Teddy. Unfortunately, being an Auror took up a lot of time. He left at six- the latest- in the morning, and often didn't come back until after ten.

And April morphed into May, and the spring into summer. Ginny took Teddy to many quidditch games of hers, and he started becoming quite a fan of quidditch. Harry even bought him a toy broomstick.

One summer night, Harry and Ginny dropped him off at Molly's, so they could spend the night together. He didn't take her out for dinner though, like a normal couple. Instead, he took her to the quidditch stadium where she played, when it was night time, and the usually thriving stadium was empty, the only light coming from the stars across the velvet sky.

"Harry," giggled Ginny. "What if we get caught?"

Harry thought for a moment. Finally, he answered, with a smile freer than any he'd smiled in a long time.

"I'm Harry Potter. I can get away with anything."

Ginny rolled her eyes at this, and Harry laid out a blanket on the turf of the field. It was different than he had ever played on, the dirt from the Hogwarts ground was always changing with the weather, but this was consistent and always the best condition. Harry shook his head. It was silly to notice such a little detail.

For some odd reason, the couple was quiet as they opened the firewhiskey and poured glasses. Ginny took a quiet sip, and rest her head on his shoulder.

He lay back, a tiny smirk on his face, and she lay too, her fiery red hair sprawled across his chest.

"What's on your mind?" She murmured. He sighed.

"I don't want to talk about what's on my mind. I just want to lay here with you." Ginny smiled and closed her eyes.

The night was crisp and warm, the breeze running across their bodies, the silence surrounding them. Harry rubbed Ginny's shoulder with his forefinger absentmindedly.

Neither of them knew when they had turned their heads, but at some point, their lips had met. They kissed slowly, lips parting slightly and then closing again. Ginny felt sleepy as she wrapped her arms around his neck and came to lay ontop of him. Her firewhiskey sloped out of her hand and across his face. He sputtered, laughing as they broke apart.

"Damn..." She snorted, picking it up. Harry grinned slyly and poured his glass purposefully on her head. She turned, livid eyes poking out of wet, scarlet hair.

"Damn." He laughed, sitting up. Ginny reached into the basket they'd brought, pulled out the first bottle. Harry got up and ran. Ginny chased after him, laughing madly.

Her long, slender legs had caught up to him. The foaming firewhiskey slopped onto the back of his neck. She squealed as he turned and grabbed the bottle, swinging her 'round as it's contents dumped onto her denim tank.

She sprinted for the next bottle. Harry shook his head as he ran after her, messy hair sticking to his forehead. Ginny smirked as she held the firewhiskey, as though daring him to stop her. As she uncorked it, it flew out, foaming. Harry yelped as he got a mouthful of the alcohol.

He snatched her by the waist, and his lean, muscular arms trapped her as she struggled to get away, laughing loudly. He poured the rest on her slowly as she screamed and kicked, but he was too strong.

Chuckling, she brought her lips to his.

"Hey!" Ginny jumped. Someone was unlocking the front gate. Harry gripped his wand.

"Shit."

"What happened to you're Harry Potter and you can get away with anything?" She whispered frantically back, dripping with firewhiskey.

"Screw that." He grabbed the blanket and Ginny's hand, and they ran, vaulting over the barrier between the seats and the stadium.

They both were soaking wet and childishly giddy as they crouched there, the man searching the field by wandtip.

It was a much different date than they both had expected, but they liked this one a lot better. Besides, they both had needed it.
***

Hey Merry Christmas!❤️🎄

Sorry this wasn't a Christmasy update; I'll probably do another one today to try and lead up to Christmas because sorry it was March😂

HOPE YALL HAVE AN AWESOME CHRISTMAS