Chapter Eleven: Cho Chang and Dean Thomas

* Harry's P.O.V *

It had been a month since the whole disaster with Vanessa, and I thought and hoped that Ron had forgotten about it. She still hung around us, but lately she would go off with Michael Corner. I thought they were dating, but I wasn't sure.

"Excellent, another Hogsmede trip," I heard Ron say as he looked over all the heads swarming around the notice board. Ginny and I were playing chess, and Hermione had her nose in a book.

"When?" Ginny asked, nudging her knight forward.

"Tomorrow," he answered, "just before the Halloween feast."

Ginny sighed as my rook knocked hers off the board.

"I cant go. I didn't feel like doing McGonagall's essay last night, so just my luck, she moved up the due date to today, and this last class, I got detention."

She picked at the table morosely.

I laughed, taking her hand.

"What do you have to do?"

"Lines. It's not that bad."

"I suppose."

"What about you Hermione?" Ron asked, sitting down next to her.

"Me?" She looked up from her book, startled. "Oh, Ron, I don't know, I still have 608 pages to read for Arithmancy!"

"Oh," Ron said, looking put out. "Just you and me then Harry?"

Hogsmede had kind of lost it's splendor for me a bit, but I could tell Ron wanted to get out of the castle, so I agreed.

***

"Do you want to go to the three broomsticks?"

"Anywhere," I replied, wrapping my cloak around me. I felt like Hogsmede was the same old thing over and over again.

The wind slammed the door shut, and immediately I heard someone shout,

"Harry! Ron!" It was Dean Thomas.

"Dean?" Asked Ron incredulously.

"Yeah, I suppose you two are retaking your seventh year then?"

"Er yeah," Ron said, "I take it your not?"

"Well, no, but I technically took it already, you lot didn't...so I reckoned I'd start working...anywhere really."

"Brilliant!" I grinned

"So yeah...Er...are you and Ginny still, well, a couple then?" Dean asked, out of the blue. I knew Dean and Ginny used to be dating.

"Yes," I replied, fighting not to sound angry."

"Oh, right...well... anyways...what can I get you?"

***

* Cho's P.O.V *

As I flicked my wand at the soaping dishrag, I noticed Dean Thomas, who had just started working here, picking morosely at a dirty glass.

I thought I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

As the rag began to wipe the counter in circular motions, I walked over to him.

"Hey," I said, sitting down and grabbing a glass. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing," He replied at once, picking up his rag once more.

"Dean," I said, not fooled. "You can tell me. I'm your friend, remember?"

He smiled weakly, and set his glass down.

"Well...promise you won't laugh?"

I nodded.

"Okay...you remember Harry Potter right?"

How could I not.

"Vaguely," I joked.

He laughed and continued.

"Well, his girlfriend...Ginny Weasley...she used to be my girlfriend..." He looked off, biting his lip. "And...I just...wish that..." He put his face in his hands.

"A day hasn't gone by when I haven't thought of her! Through the whole Voldemort thing, I always hoped she was safe! And after it was all over...I thought maybe...we could...well...you know....make up again."

I stared at him, not knowing what to say. I knew exactly how he felt.

"It's stupid." He said finally, wiping his glass again.

"It's not!" I said at once, maybe a little too loudly, "I feel the same exact way about Harry! We had a stupid row, and, we should've never split up over it! It's all my fault... I shouldn't've overreacted...and not a day has gone by when I don't think about what would've happened if I'd've acted differently."

He grinned at me mischievously.

"What," I asked, too sad to laugh.

"No," he looked away grinning still. "It's a dumb idea. It would never work, they're too much in love."

I gripped his arm.

"Tell."

"Fine," he said, rolling his eyes. "What if, since, I still love Ginny, and you still love Harry...we could well, split them up maybe..."

It was so mean, so awful, so rude...so...brilliant. Now that he said it, I couldn't believe how much I wanted it to happen.

"Well," I began, smiling, but just then, I heard Madam Rosmerta shout,

"You cleaning those glasses, or memorizing them?!"

We jumped, and began wiping, fast.

I whispered in his ear, devilish mischief, and longing for our plan to work bubbling excitedly inside of me.

"Let's do it. I mean it."

***

Dang. Drama man.

Slow update but barely anyone likes this story lol.