Chapter Thirteen: Heartbroken

* Hermione's P.O.V *

I didn't understand.

Ron said he loved me.

How could I not've seen it coming.

She was a prettier girl, who liked my boyfriend. She had so much more to offer.

I was just this nerdy chipmunk, who didn't belong with someone like him.

I felt tears roll down my cheek as I leaned on the wall.

"Hermione!" Ron ran after me and grabbed my shoulder.

I jerked away, and began to sob uncontrollably. I couldn't stop. How could he have done this!?

"Hermione! Stop! Please! Shhh..."

"Don't!" I snarled, turning around. "Please don't Ron okay?! Just don't touch me!"

"Hermione!" He yelled furiously. "She was you! You came in there, and then...I kissed you and then you changed into Vanessa! I swear! I don't understand..."

I gave a derisive laugh. There was something wrong with my voice.

"A likely story! What, she just turned into me, how...just...oh...magically?!"

"YES! Hermione! You have to trust me!"

"Why?!" I snarled, wiping back tears.

"Because that's what we're supposed to do! We're supposed to trust eachother!" He roared, kicking the wall.

"Yeah! Well look where trusting you got me! You kissing the freaking slut!"

"IM TELLIG YOU! SHE WAS YOU! SOMETHING HAPPENED!" He wrenched the portrait hole open. I saw millions of eyes upon us. We must've been heard through the wall.

"Hermione, you have to believe me!"

"I...I can't...I mean..."

"Why not?!"

"Well look what I just saw! Look what you just did! How am I supposed to believe you!"

"I don't know!" He snapped. "But I thought that's what love is! We trust eachother! We believe eachother! But what do I know!" Then he slammed the portrait in my face.

"Well," said the Fat Lady grumpily. "What was that all about? Who woke me up?"

I slumped against the wall, sobbing once more.

***

After what seemed like an hour, I heard footsteps.

I saw Vanessa emerge from the shadows.

She obviously didn't expect me to be here.

I thought of smacking her, like I did to Malfoy.

But I acted on rage and impulse.

"Furnunculus!" I shouted, pointing my wand at her face.

She fell backwards, and instantly, tiny little-mushroom-like boils began to cover her face.

"Not so pretty anymore, are you?" I laughed through my angry tears.

She shrieked and ran inside.

***

It's 2 am.

I'm on a roll.