Chapter Nine: After Quidditch practice...

Mkay so this isn't a part of the story rn this is an authors note so yeah I'm not going to go through every day I want to get more to the drama and I don't want the school year to be too long also though bc I want to do their weddings and kids and stuff so yeah. Not a lot of people read this but I don't care I love writing it.

*Ron P.O.V*

Harry had really put together a great team.

The chasers were all super good. Ginny was the best I think, but not by much. She had the fierceness and accuracy. Emma had the arm and stregnth. And Vanessa had the good feign and tricks.

The two beaters, who I wasn't on first name terms with, Daniel Capper and Gavin Bertz were really strong, and so angry it was a little frightening.

Harry had always been an amazing seeker.

And me.

I was alright I guessed.

We really had a shot.

***

I wanted to change out of my quidditch robes as quickly as possible. I was all dirty and sweaty, and was hoping for some more alone time with Hermione. We haven't been alone in ages again, what with quidditch practice and homework (which was almost unbearable, considering that we're taking our N.E.W.Ts) Not to mention that Hermione's taking as many classes as possible.

Sadly, I couldn't find my clothes.

"Hey, G- I mean, Bertz, have you seen a maroon sweater anywhere?" I asked, desperately wanting to get back.

He just shook his head.

I searched my bag three times. I looked in every single locker.

Nothing

Harry headed up to the castle. I told him I'd catch him later.

Where the bloody hell were my clothes?!

It had just crossed my mind to summon them, when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Looking for these?"

I turned around. There Vanessa stood, my maroon sweater and blue jeans in her arms. She had changed into another too-small tank top, and shorts that were MUCH too short, even though it was the end of September and getting colder.

"Er- yeah, I- I am actually..."

She stuffed them in a locker.

"Actually Vanessa I kinda need those, I told Hermione I'd meet her..."

She gave a shrill laugh.

"Hermione!" She stared at me. I thought I saw her lick her lips. I was so freaked. I remembered what Hermione had said about her liking me. She got even closer.

"Ron, I know you love her but honestly? I could give you so much more."

"No you can't actually, Vanessa, I think I'm going to go..."

She put a hand on my chest.

"You're not going anywhere Ronald Weasley, before you see what I can give you instead of her."

It crossed my mind to hex her and run, but before I knew what was happening, Vanessa had pressed her lips to mine, and put her hands around my neck.

I pushed her away. She whimpered and attacked my lips again, trying to kiss me desperately.

"Vanessa- stop, what are you doing?!"

She tried to kiss me again.

"Van- GEROFF ME!"

Finally, she drew away. For the first time, a fake smile wasn't plastered on her face. She hung her head.

"Sorry."

Then she ran out

***

I changed as quickly as possible, and sprinted up to the common room.

"Ron," Hermione said breathlessly, "what just happened, Vanessa ran in here not a minute ago, crying a little and wouldn't talk to anyone."

"She tried to kiss me and I told her to get off." I said bluntly, picking up a transfiguration book.

"That's it?" Hermione said, shocked, "wait how, when-"

"After quidditch." I unrolled some parchment. "She hid my clothes so we would be the last ones in there." I uncapped some ink. "Then she tried to kiss me. I pushed her off. She ran away." I dipped my quill in the ink pot.

"Ron, see, I told you that she liked you-"

"Yeah, I know." I said, annoyed, writing my name at the top of my parchment. "To be honest, I don't think she will be coming back to try and kiss me any time soon so, I'm good."

She stared at me.

"Ron, what's the matter with you all of the sudden??"

I put my face in my hands.

"Just...stressed. Freaked. Confused. Mad."

She put her arm around me, resting her head on my shoulder. Her breaths were slow and even

"I don't know a thing about this rubbish." I said finally, gesturing towards my essay. That wasn't entirely true. I just wanted her to help me, to see her go into her smart-homework mode. Though I pretended not to, I loved it when she said answers, showed how smart she was.

"I'll help-"

"I thought you disapproved of copying," I said slyly.

She rolled her eyes.

"I'll write the introduction. Nothing else."

"I love you Hermione."

"Well, where would you be without me?" She smiled at me. I laughed and planted a kiss on her lips.

Homework was forgotten as the kiss deepened, the only light now from the dying fireplace.

Finally, she jumped, eyes drifting to the clock.

"I guess we can finish this tomorrow." She sighed, grabbing her bag.

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Good night 'Mione."

"I love you."

"Love you too."

***