Chapter Forty-One

Ginny sat at a table with Hermione and Fleur, occasionally rolling her eyes at a comment and doodling on scratch paper.

From the moment that Hermione and Fleur had gotten wind that Ginny and Harry were getting married, both of them immediately took that as an invitation to plan it. Though Ginny felt she should be grateful for the help, she just felt like she had no say. They both were maniacs, acting like they were planning their own weddings

"-and then I think we should have
a dark blue for a color palette...unless you want to go nuteral," Hermione suggested, shifting papers and drawings around. She seemed a lot happier than she had when the boys were gone, but that maybe was just because she liked Ron's company again. Granted, it could've been the whole wedding planning too, he had only been home for one night.

"Ginny, wat do you theenk?" Fleur asked, for the first time it seemed, for Ginny's opinion.

"Um, yes?" She responded vaguely, looking up from her doodle of a broomstick. She had a game tonight too.

"Ginny!" Hermione scolded, half angry, half exasperated. "This is your wedding for Merlin's sake!"

"Hermione, calm down, it's just
the color of the goddamned wedding! Can we be done!?"

"Done!?" Shrieked Fleur. "We 'ave barely started!"

"I don't care...just do blue I guess..." Ginny answered, face in her hands.

Hermione opened her mouth to agree, but Fleur cut her off.

"No. You are going to pick the 'tings zat you want, and you are going to like it! You only 'geet one wedding!"

"I'm sorry guys...this whole dress thing, and flowers and stuff...this isn't me. I'm not good at this stuff! I had six brothers! So can you please just pick a freaking color for me!?"

The rest of the planning went that way: Hermione and Fleur would have clashing opinions on everything, and then they'd argue for hours on end, while Ginny banged her head on the table, until they finally ended up asking her for an opinion, in which she mumbled, "I don't care," which caused both girls to yell at her, until Ginny finally hexed them both and apparated home.
***
"Hey," Harry yelped as he heard the crack of his fiancé's arrival from the kitchen. "How was the first day of planning?"

"Freaking horrid. You do it next time," she growled, opening a container Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans for Teddy.

"He hasn't had dinner yet," Harry told her pointedly. She shrugged and handed it to him.

"Told 'ya she'd let me," Teddy sang, toddling off to the couch. Harry stuck his tounge out at him, though faintly smiling.

"Why? What happened?"

"They're insane! They spend ten hours picking out a color for, I don't even know...the entire wedding? I don't want my wedding to be planned for me, but I don't want them to be mad, and I also have no idea how to do it..." She shook her head. "Like I said, why don't you plan it?"

"Three reasons," Harry answered, leaning against the counter. "One, I don't want to. I don't care what happens at the wedding as long as it ends with us getting married. Two, I don't know how to do any of it either. And three, I'm on call all week."

"Fuck," Ginny swore under her breath. "I should just tell them we're getting married in my mother's kitchen, in our old quidditch robes..."

Suddenly, her face brightened.
"Harry!" She grabbed his shoulders, and he blinked rapidly. "Quidditch!"

"Now?" He asked warily. "I'm exhausted!"

"No, idiot, for the wedding! Instead of walking down the aisle, we could fly down the aisle! No wait...we could get married in the air!" She was talking fast, emphasizing the last three words. "I'm not having some stupid girly wedding, and that's sure to be what those two will pull together...I'm going back there..."