Chapter Forty Nine

Harry wolfed down his cereal, flicking away the soggy handfuls of Cheeri-owls Teddy gleefully threw at him with his wand.

Ginny stumbled down the hall, in her Harpies robes, CleanSweep eleven over her shoulder. It was just their luck that she had a game on one of Harry's rare-off days.

She took one look at the cereal on the tile floor, and shook her head. Then, she sat on the table in front of Harry and began buttering her toast.

"Good luck today," he said, grinning with another flick of his wand. The grain owls deflected onto Teddy's forehead.

She turned her head, scarlet ponytail swishing. She seemed kind of put out.

"Id trade a win for a day off for just us." Teddy glared at her. She rolled her eyes at him, a tiny giggle escaping her lips.

"Gin," Harry said seriously. "It's not like the game takes all day,"

"I know," she said, with another roll of her eyes. "We just need some alone time. Like really bad."

"You just are politely asking permission for me to buy you a fancy dinner."

She squinted her eyes, a little angrily. "We're married now Potter, we share the money,"

"Fair enough," he said, smiling at her, eyes taking in her appearance, messy hair swishing with every motion of her arm. She bit into her toast when she finished buttering it.

"Say we drop off Teddy at my Mum's around...nine o'clock?"

"Brilliant. Teddy, what do you think about a little trip to Molly's after Ginny's game?"

He looked up from his bowl, cereal sweeping the wooden table, milk drippig onto the floor.

"Will Victorie be there?" He asked, moving his precious dragon out of the milk river's path.

"No."

"Oh."

Ginny took a look at the horrid cuckoo clock Luna gave them as a wedding gift, gasped in shock, stuffed the toast in her mouth and leaped off of the table.

"I'm going to be late," she said, planting a kiss on Harry's lips. He drew back disgusted.

"Gin- there's toast bits in your mouth!" She giggled and waved as she closed the door.

"See you at the game!" Harry wiped his mouth and stared at the mess on the floor. He waved his wand, much to Teddy's pouting, thinking that nine o'clock could not come soon enough.

Unfortunately for them, the evening did not go exactly how they had planned
***

Harry had to grab the back of Teddy's shirt every ten seconds to keep him from wandering amidst the gallant band of spectators, and people selling chocolate cards and Bertie Bott's beans from little overpriced bags.

"Harry...I can't see..." Teddy whimpered, standing on his tiptoes and failing to see over the obese man's head in front of them.

"Here, I'll lift you up," Harry sat Teddy on his shoulders, so the little boy could see the blurred figures, tossing the quaffle.

"There's Ginny!" Teddy shrieked excitedly, pointing to her, and causing many heads to stir. A few pointed at Harry, some looking awed or excited. He felt his cheeks burn.

Ginny was far beyond the talent of a professional quidditch player; just the right balance of leadership and teamwork, she was smart, faster and cleverer than the other team. Harry couldn't take his gaze off of her zig-zagging form, knowing his eyeballs probably appeared blurred.