Chapter Seventeen: Neville's discovery

* Neville's P.O.V *

I had desperately wanted to go back to Hogwarts with Harry, Ron, Ginny, Hermione and...Luna. I missed them all so much, but none more than the beautiful Luna Lovegood. We had barely talked the last time I saw her, before she had to be swept away again, leaving only a small peck on my cheek.

I felt that spot often, rubbing it with my forefinger.

I missed her.

But Gran wanted me to stay. She was growing old, and needed my help cooking, cleaning, getting dressed, and many other simple tasks.

The battle had really shaked her.

I couldn't leave her, and run off to Hogwarts, no matter how much I wanted to.

She had taken care of me hadn't she? After all these years?

I was returning the favor.

***

{ Time gap, 2 weeks }

I had just sat Gran down with a banana and yogurt, when I heard a loud screech issuing from the window.

It was a barn owl, a Daily Prophet tied to one leg, a pouch in the other. I threw three knuts into the pouch, untied the paper, and say across from Gran.

The owl flew off into the morning, one of its feathery wings sweeping across my shoulder.

I picked up the paper and skimmed it.

There was an update on the Quidditch World Cup, a report on a rampaging Jarvey, and many advertisements.

Suddenly, a word jumped out at me.

Herbology.

The only thing I was really good at.

I read with interest.

Long loved Herbology teacher at Hogwarts, Pomona Sprout, has announced that she would like to retire in the next five years.

"I love Hogwarts," she insisted "But I'm getting too old, really. I'm looking forward to a nice retirement."

If you are interested in filling her position as Herbology Professor, please come to the front gates of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry on the 20th of January at 12 o'clock.

You must have extensive expertise in the subject of Herbology, recieved and Outstanding in your O.W.L, and be of age.

We can't wait to find a new applicant!

I stared at the paper in disbelief.

"Gran." I said hoarsely. "What do you think about me applying to be the Herbology teacher at Hogwarts?"

She looked at me for a moment.

"Dear. My time is drawing nearer. I know you're worried about me, but please, don't be. I'll hire someone to help me."

"Is that a yes?" I asked tentatively. Her skin was pallid as she nodded.

I hugged her and thanked her over and over again.

I was going to Hogwarts!

Maybe even to stay!

And even if I didn't, (the thought made my stomach churn) I'd get to see Luna again, at least for a little while.

***

A/N:

SoRrY tHiS cHaPtEr SuCkS

But it's a plot builder so

Get ready for some Nuna 😉