Chapter Eighteen: Christmas

* Ron's P.O.V *

I felt a blast of warm air as the door to the burrow shut behind me. I inhaled deeply, smelling chicken dinner cooking. I loved chicken. (A/N: Chickron, you feel?)

My mum appeared, a huge smile on her face. Rushing over to us, she gave me, Ginny, Harry and Hermione each a bone-breaking hug. Surprisingly, it was Hermione, not Harry, whom she deemed "peaky."

"We're just waiting for Bill and Fluer," she told us all, "then Christmas dinner can start."

I smiled and set my trunk on the floor.

I loved Christmas.

***

I piled yet a fifth helping of roast chicken and mashed potatoes on my plate, savoring the smell.

Hermione looked at me in disgust.

"You're eating it with your hands!" She cried, making a huge grossed out face.

"That's the beauty of chicken," I replied, fingering it lovingly. (A/N: Chickron yaaaas)

Just as Hermione was going to retaliate, Bill stood up, taking Fleur by the hand.

"We...er...we have a little announcement to make," Bill said, quite loudly, to be heard over the thunderous din of the Weasleys.

"What's your news?" Mum asked politely, looking fondly up at the couple.

"I am pregnant!" Fleur gasped excitedly. Mum shrieked and embraced them. Ginny and Hermione exchanged exited looks. George looked awfully stunned, along with Dad.

"What are you going to name it?!" Asked Hermione breathlessly, as Bill helped Fleur sit down.

"Well," Fleur began throatily, "we were theenking of Pierre for a boy, and Victorie if eet es' a girl,"

Hermione practically exploded with excitement.

I smiled at her, shaking my head.

"What?" She asked playfully, blushing slightly."

"Girls always freak out over babies." I stated, tearing through a deliciously crispy chicken leg.

"Babies are exciting!" She contradicted, rolling her eyes. "Besides, boys act like it's not even a big deal."

"It's not."

"Oh that's nice," she huffed. I bet her eyes rolled all the way back into her skull. "I bet that's what everyone said about you."

"Me too," I laughed. "Sixth Weasley."

I was surprised when I heard bitterness in my own voice.

Hermione softened and took my hand.

"We all love you, you know." I could tell she was remembering my self-conciousness, my jealousy in fourth year, me walking out. I shivered.

"Of course I do."

"Good." She murmured.

"I love you." I said finally, biting into a wing.

"You too Ron."

"Not you," I replied, wiping my face.

"The chicken!"

She rolled her eyes.

***

A/N: CHiCkRoN

Yaaas

Was that boring?! Lol