Chapter Forty Five

Sorry about the slow update
Doing some Romione, requested by @GrangerTheNerd ❤️

Hermione closed her eyes, flipping the pages of her book. She felt, like this was the only free moment she had. Work was too busy, too stressful.

Ron came in, wearing boxers and an old, faded, Chudley Cannons T-shirt. He yawned and stretched out on the bed next to her. Hermione flipped the page as his arms snaked around her.

She sighed.

"Ron, not tonight- I'm too tired-"

Ron raised his eyebrow.

"Who said anything about that?" He laughed. Hermione blushed furiously and buried her head inside the book.

Ron placed his head gently on his shoulder, and sighed.

"I feel like we barely get to see eachother." He complained, though his tones were soft. Hermione nodded.

"I hate being an adult."

"It was all easy wasn't it, when we were playing giant chess games and solving the mystery of the basilisk."

Hermione giggled and closed her book, hair fanned across Ron's chest.

"Not to mention freeing Sirius and getting Harry through the tornament."

Ron stroked her cheek with his finger. Her skin was soft, different from his hands. He had been on a task for the Auror office all week, dealing with illegal Snidget hunters.

Ron stared down at her, blue eyes bright. Hermione looked up at him, brown eyes wide and luminous.

"You know, I feel like I wasted all that time." Ron said, half laughing, half sighing.

"Hmm?" Hermione had opened her book again. Normally, Ron'd get annoyed, but he was sick of arguing. He just put a gentle hand on the cover of the book, and closed it. Hermione glared at him, disgruntled.

He whispered in her ear. "I said, I feel like I wasted all that time."

She stared at him.

"What time?" Her eyes fluttered closed, and then open again.

"Time. Life. I...we had time, and I wasted that time, fighting...being stupid." His eyes were closing too, his mind drifting with tiredness.

She giggled.

"You aren't making sense Ron."

"I'm just trying to say... I wish I had the guys to tell you a lot sooner than I did..."

"Tell me what?"

I made my mind,
When I first gazed upon you,
I'd never let you go.

"That I loved you. That I still love you."

And it's amazing baby,
How never told you,
That I loved you so.

Hermione smiled a little, half sad, half flattered, and a whole 'nother part temped to re-open her book.

"Well. You didn't. Not then."

And we'll always be,
always be,
always be together.

"Well. I did. I just never said."

Hermione blinked, and smiled in a way you could never ever describe in writing or poetry, never draw or paint.

We have our problems,
but we'll face them with pride.
Our love, is our protection,
and we don't have to hide.
A thousand nights I'll kiss away,
all the tears you cry.

"And why didn't you." Hermione was grinning now, wanting to hear this answer. She kind of doubted that he really had, because of how he had treated her, but more importantly, how she had treated him.

And we'll always be,
always be,
always together.

"I was scared." He admitted, looking at the wall, a blank stretch of dark blue. Hermione had meant to decorate, but never had the time.

Hermione bit her lip, just looking at him.

Just you, just me.
Always together,
always together,
always together.

Ron knew she was asking why with her eyes.

"You were so...I don't know. Smart...beautiful..."

Hermione let out a derisive laugh. Ron squeezed her.

"You were! And you seemed to...I don't know...hate me."

Always together,
always together.

"So it's my fault." She too looked at the blue wall.

"No! I also was an idiot, hot tempered. Overly confident."

"Mm. Well yes." Hermione had closed her eyes again, and snuggled against Ron's chest.

When the years have turned your hair to silver.
And the days of our youth have left us so very far behind.
Golden, golden memories we'll keep in our minds.

"I guess what I'm really trying to say is...I want to go back. I want to be nicer to that pretty genius with the bushy brown hair. I want to forgive the girl with the cat that didn't eat my pet rat. I want to ask that girl that got away to the Ball while I had the chance. I..."

And we'll always be,
always be,
always be together.

Hermione set the book on the bedside table, and flipped her body over, so she lay on top of Ron's muscled chest.

Just you, just me.
Always together,
always together,
always together.

"Well." She said lazily, mouth turning up into a grin. "I want to be nicer to the redhead with the freckled nose. I want to try to show a little compassion to the boy and his stupid pet rat. I want to turn down the quidditch player for him, to be available when he asked."

Ron grinned, his hair ruffled. Hermione pressed her delicate hand onto his cheek.

Just you, just me.
Always together,
always together,
always together.

"Ron, I get how you feel. I feel it every day, how much longer we could've had...how many arguments we could've avoided."

Ron just looked at her, something deep in his ocean blue eyes.

"But, who can say that if it was different...that we would have ended up like this. All we have is now."

Finally, Ron spoke softly.

"You should write poetry or something, because that sounds memorized."

Always together,
always together,
always together.

Hermione fiercely pressed her lips to his, and Ron slowly put a hand through her hair. She breathed deeply, and sat up, arms moving, first around his neck, then cupping his face, and now placed tightly on his chest. He traced patterns on her back as they kissed, slowly, then fast, then slow again.

Always together,
always together,
always together.

Finally, they came up and drew breath, touching noses. Hermione burried her face in his neck.

Always together,
always together,
always together.

Always together,
always together,
always together.