Chapter Forty

Ron stumbled into the tiny apartment, sighing. He suddenly saw a flash of brown, and felt small arms throw themselves around his neck.

He smiled, relaxing and hugging Hermione tight.

"I need to kiss you," he said, lifting her face to look at him. She just smiled.

"No I mean it. I need to kiss you so badly. Like one of those kissed where I'm pressing against you as much as possible, and my hands are in your hair, and you're clutching my shirt, and I'm kissing you as deeply as I can..." Hermione stopped his lips with hers, and that's exactly what they did.

He pulled her closer, gasping, and set his suitcase down.

"Oh my God," hermione said breathlessly, drawing away. "You have no idea how much I've missed you,"

She lay her head on his chest.

He couldn't believe that he did it, him, Ron Weasley had passed Auror training, one of the hardest jobs in the world.

"I start on Tuesday," He told her softly, laying down on the couch.

"Mhm," Hermione sighed, closing her eyes. It was very late. "I got a job,"

Ron's eyes widened.

"Really?!"

"You don't have to sound so suprised." She scoffed, rolling her eyes.

"I'm not! Where?"

"The ministry." She answered, pulling at a loose button on his shirt.

"Really?!"

"Again with the surprised tones." She rolled her eyes another time. "I'm trying to petition for S.P.E.W. rights, if you must know. That's why I applied in the Regulation of Magical Creatures office."

Ron bit his lip, trying not to laugh. S.P.E.W had always been a disagreement of theirs, and he didn't want to fight, not after he had just gotten back.

"That's...erm...great."

"You think it's dumb." She contradicted, sitting up and off of him.

"No! No, 'Mione, I don't!" He lied, smiling. "Trust me, it's wonderful how you care so much about them...er...yeah..."

She shook her head.

"I just feel like they should have a say. Want it or not. It's there at least, and it they want it, they'll take it. But you'd never understand that." She looked away.

Ron sighef exasperatedly. The air was tense now, not the heated and warm welcome that he had received.

"Let's not talk about this," he said quickly, taking her hand. She shook it away.

"Hermione," he began, touching her shoulder.

"Ron, I'm just going to...go and get some...soup, for dinner, okay?"

"No." He said sternly. Hermione turned, livid.

"Ronald Weasley, you are not going to tell me what I'm going to do."

"We need to talk about this! You can't just storm away because your mad! It gives me a headache!" He yelled furiously. Why wouldn't she just talk to him? She always did this, he thought, that was why they fought so much.

"Go deal with your headache somewhere else," she snarled, grabbing her purse off of the counter. Ron grabbed her arm.

"Let go of me!" She said shrilly, tugging away, but Ron was much too strong.

"No." He said calmly. "C'mere."

She stomped on his foot. He didn't blink. He tugged her to him, but she fought hard, yanking and yelling.

"RON LET ME GO!"

"Hermione! Let's just please talk this out! I don't even know why you're so mad! All I said was that your campaign for elf freedom was great-"

"Yeah, all you said was a lie, you hate my views on elf rights, you hate it! So why don't you just-"

Ron finally had won. He pressed his lips to hers. She tried to move away, but he clutched her hard, saying things through his kiss that he could never be able to express out loud. Finally, she stopped struggling, and responded, her arms now around his neck, his around her waist, Hermione on tiptoe to reach his lips. He lifted her up, and she wrapped her legs around him, Ron practically carrying her.

He had missed her, she had missed him, and neither could stand fighting, but both were built that way, strong willed, opinionated. But they loved like they fought, hard, and passionately.

And Ron learned two new things that night.

1.) surprisingly, some bras unhook in the front.

2.) This night was more tiring than every day of his Auror training put together

***

Oops😂

I didn't write it all IM SORRY I CANT DO THAT @romanceobsessed_

Hopefully another update today I have to clean so ugh