Chapter Seven: A kiss

* Hermione P.O.V *

I tipped the books that I'd need for the day into my bag. I glanced nervously at Vanessa. It was just me and her in the dormitory.

She was unbuttoning her shirt two buttons, and pushing down her undershirt.

Oh my, what a slut. I thought, turning away. I was so depressed lately, what with homework and classes, and Vanessa, who was prettier than me, flirting with Ron.

What I really needed was some alone time with him.

We haven't been alone in ages.

"Hermione?" Asked Vanessa, turning in the mirror.

"Hm?" I answered, not looking at her.

"How do I look?"

I glanced up at her. She really needed to button up her shirt. And pull her socks up. She had brought her skirt up to her belly button I could tell, to make it really short.

"Um, like you need some more clothes." I said finally, returning to packing my bag.

"Hermione!" She giggled, walking over. "Can I tell you a secret?"

I stared at her. She was acting like I was her giggly happy best friend.

"Sure," I said impatiently, rummaging for my ink bottle.

"I'm trying to impress a guy."

No kidding.

"Hm," was all I said, feeling under the bed for my ink bottle.

"I think he likes me." She continued, twirling her hair.

"Do you?" I asked, not interested. I knew who she was talking about. But Ron didn't love her...did he?

Of course not.

"Yes!" She squealed. "But... He has a girlfriend."

"Oh. Well that's too bad for you I guess." I replied haughtily, wiping dust bunnies off of my finally- found ink bottle.

"Yeah." She looked down. "It really is."

"Well," I snarled. "Bye."

As I went out the door, I saw her smirk smugly, like she had accomplished something.

***

It was late at night. I rested my head on Ron's shoulder. Vanessa glared at us from across the common room, blotting her charms homework.

Harry was tickling Ginny, who was in her pajamas, sitting on his lap.

"AHHH!" She giggled, squirming to get away.

Harry laughed and trapped her with his arms, a right grip, so she couldn't get away

"HARRY POTTER YOU LET ME GO BEFORE I HEX YOU!" She shrieked, amid gales of shrill laughter.

"Reach your wand then," he replied smugly, ticking her neck.

Ginny valiantly tried to reach her wand, which was sticking out of her back pocket, but failed.

"Ohh..." She snarled, kissing Harry. Ron coughed.

She rolled her eyes at him.

"Well," Harry yawned. "I think I'll go to bed." And with that he left, Ginny straggling off to her dormitory, waving goodnight to us all.

Ron made to get up and leave, but I stopped him by sitting on his lap.

"I want to be the last ones here," I breathed in his ear. He shivered and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled at the look of pure loathing Vanessa was giving me.

***

* Ron P.O.V *

Soon, Vanessa got up to leave, her eye twitching.

"Bye Ron," she said smoothly.

"Bye," I replied, waving.

The common room was empty.

"Hey," Hermione said, in a quite sexy voice.

"Hi," I replied, turning her around.

"We haven't talked in ages,"

"Yes we have-"

"Not alone." She grinned at me.

"Not alone." I agreed, grinning back. She looked so beautiful, her hair puffy, the way I liked it best, her eyes wide, their chocolate brown dotted with gold flecks.

"You're so beautiful," I breathed, kissing her cheek.

She blushed.

"As beautiful as Vanessa?" She asked. I was startled. She clamped two hands to her mouth.

"What to you mean?" I asked, touching her shoulder. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, it's just....she likes you." I stopped talking. Vanessa? She didn't like me? That was ridiculous.

"I didn't know that. I have a girlfriend! And besides, why would she like someone like me..."

"Someone like you?! Ron," she said, eyes taking me in. "How could anyone not love someone like you?"

I smiled at her. "You're much more beautiful than Vanessa."

"Thank you."

And before I knew it, she had leaned in close. Our lips touched, and her tounge ran along my lips. She smelled and tasted of mint. I loved her so much.

I pulled her closer to me, and she wrapped her arms around my neck. I wrapped mine around her waist, exploring her mouth.

Slowly, tantalizingly slowly, and nervously, I ran my hands up her shirt. She shivered at my touch, but did not stop. If anything, she became more alive.

My hands reached her wire bra. My breath caught in my throat and I pulled away, hands still in her shirt, though I moved them down. I took them out and put my face in my hands. I was so embarrassed.

"Ron!" She asked fervently, "what's wrong?!"

"I'm sorry- I- I just got nervous."

"Oh Ron," she kissed my cheek, then my forehead, then my lips.

We were kissing again, and I put my hands on her waist.

Just then, we heard thundering steps. It was Ginny, and her eyes were wide, her mouth agape.

"You. Filthy. Hypocrite!" She said loudly.

"No- Ginny- shush!" Hermione squealed, still on my lap.

"I said, didnt I say that you snogged Hermione too, you hypocrite, you-"

"Not in public!" I said heatedly.

"Whatever!" She cried happily, grabbing her homework that she forgot. "Now you can't yell at Harry and I for kissing!" And with that she sprinted up the stairs with glee.

"If they do, I'll beat Harry's white a-"

"Ron," Hermione half laughed, half sighed. "It's okay."

"Okay."

"Okay."

"Let's get to bed," I said finally. She clambered off my lap, gave me a small kiss goodnight.

I loved her so much

***