Chapter Thirty Three

I saw so many grammatical errors in the last chapter and was going to fix them but then was like ah screw it, 80 people have already read it so

*Ron's P.O.V*

As soon as we got back to the burrow, Hermione began to pester me.

"When are we going to go and release my parents Ron?!" Her voice was shrill, like how it'd been before exams.

I'd spat out my pumpkin juice the first time she had asked.

"We?"

"Yes Ron we! You promised! We're supposed to be a team!"

I had almost smiled at that. She sounded like one of those obsessive, Lavender-like girlfriends. But I understood how responsible she felt.

"Alright, alright, we'll go next week-"

"Next week?! Ron we need-"

"We need to plan Hermione!" I snapped. "We need to figure out transportation, residence, things like that, we're going to Australia! Bloody hell, and I thought you were the smart one."

She shot me a dirty look at my comment, but nodded.

So I guessed that was that. We made the plans to leave the next Monday, half way by muggle bus- which I was not happy with at all- then apparating the other half. It was, after all, a very long ways away, and apparating far is dangerous if you're inexperienced

I was of course, uneasy about the trip, but I knew how much it meant to Hermione (like, duh, it's her parents) so of course, I'd go. I just didn't know what to expect. What were her parents like? What if they hated me? What if they told Hermione she could do better?

I spent the next few nights lying awake, worrying.

***

The air was humid and the clouds overhead a deep and dark gray on the morning that we were to leave. I didn't tell Hermione, but I took that as a bad omen

Mum gave us appraising looks as she tried to stuff us with fourth helpings of breakfast. She too was unhappy about us leaving, escpecially since we had just gotten back. The day I would move out would be a tough one for her. Something knotted in my stomach as I thought of moving out. Would Hermione want to live with me? It wildly crossed my mind to ask, but I was too afraid.

"Thanks Mum," I said as I scooped up the last of my bacon. Hermione nodded and carried her plate to the sink. I looked at my watch. Hermione cleared her throat.

"Thanks Mrs. Weasley...er...we better get going." Hermione said, hoisting her backpack on her shoulder.

Mum pursed her lips, nodded and gave us both hugs.

"Be careful you two now," She said, patting our cheeks

As we left, both laden with backpacks full of clothing and toiletries, Mum yelled goodbyes and reminders to write. I rolled my eyes.

"Bloody hell, we'll only be gone for what...four days? She's acting as if we're leaving for school..."

Hermione smiled weakly and took my hand. Preparing myself for the unpleasnt sensation of apparition, I nodded, and she screwed up her eyes, and pulled us into a whirl of darkness, heading for the outskirts of London.

***

*Ginny's P.O.V*

I checked the address as Harry and I walked up the first street. It was empty and full of litter, the buildings squashed together.

"Here?" I asked skeptically, eyeing the grimy door. "Harry, are you sure this is the place?"

"Yes Gin, I'm absolutely positive." He sighed. "Too bad it's in a muggle town, there aren't many wizarding apartment buildings I suppose..."

"Shh... And no, I suppose not..."

"If we lived in Godric's Hollow..." Harry began, the slightest of smirks on his face.

I slapped his arm as we entered the building.

The landlord was- there was no other word for it- an idiot. He hadn't even remembered us scheduling to look at an apartment, and had mixed up our names so we were Harry Weasley and Ginerva Potter. I blushed a bit at his mix up, knowing full well that that might be my name someday.

The apartment was one horror story cliché after another, ugly wallpaper, moldy mattresses and dusty windows. But that could be easily cleaned up with magic I supposed. It was also small, and I didn't know if I was as well practiced as Hermione to enlarge it

"Harry," I whispered as the landlord led us into the kitchen. "How can we pay rent if we don't have any muggle money?"

"There's an exchange at Gringotts I think..."

"Yeah," I replied, smiling "I don't know if it's still there after you tore the place down with a dragon..." He laughed, then gave me a look as the landlord glanced curiously at us over his shoulder.

We finished with the first apartment, and I had already made my mind up. It was a definite no.

Harry smiled as we headed out, the landlord slamming the door angrily behind us.

"We should just live at the burrow..." I muttered, running my hands through my hair.

"C'mon, the next one is two streets down..."

I groaned as he dragged me along.

***

Hey I'm super super sorry about the short chapter but I was in the middle of a huge update and then my phone died and it didn't save 😭

So yeay and jsyk all of your comments bring smiles to my faces💕